Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Angry Sign app with NetworkControl

Hi,
    I need to sign application with NetworkControl capability (via NSTL). I succesfully get DevCert from Nokia and test it. Then i submit it with symbiansigned.com i see following result window:
    File name:

Submitted: False

The application you have submitted makes use of some phone manufacturer approved capabilities. Applications such as this require approval from the manufacturer prior to being signed. Please fill out the capability forms which can be found on the following pages.

For Nokia phone applications please click here and send the completed form to nokia.testing@nokia.com.
    For Sony Ericsson applications please here and send the completed form to Devcerts@sonyericsson.com.
    Then i download and fill request form. I mail it to nokia.testing@nokia.com.

Hello,
    We need access rights to Network Control capability.
    Request form attached.
    But i have following response:

Hi,

And thank you for contacting us. However, we don't handle these request via e-mail anymore. Instead, you can just submit your Developer Certificate request through Symbian Signed -portal at www.symbiansigned.com and we will handle it accordingly.

Br,
    Valtteri
    I don't need DevCert, i mail him that, but have no response yet. What should i do now? How can i submit my app to NSTL?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Sign app with NetworkControl

Why don't you make a new DevCert request, provide all the informations requested (including project informations and reasoning for using the capability) and mention also that the capability approval is needed for submitting the application to Symbian Signed and that a DevCert was previously approved in request # xxxxx.

It would be as good as any email and it is also conforming with the new "policies".

Best regards,
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Angry Re: Sign app with NetworkControl

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Why don't you make a new DevCert request, provide all the informations requested (including project informations and reasoning for using the capability) and mention also that the capability approval is needed for submitting the application to Symbian Signed and that a DevCert was previously approved in request # xxxxx.

It would be as good as any email and it is also conforming with the new "policies".

Best regards,
    I can't get you.
    How i submit .zip file to NSTL? NetworkControl Capability flashed into sis file. While submission process symbian signed analize that .zip file and block my submission. They ask to mail Nokia request form. So i can't submit .zip with that sis file. Should i send it to Nokia with request form too? Or may be i must try to upload sis signed by both manufacturer DevCert and ACS?

Can somebody provide step by step explanation: How to submit sis with NetworcControl cap to NSTL if i can't submit it throw symbiansigned website script?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

that's quite easy:

1/ First you are requesting a capability, for which manufacturer permission is required.)
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...gned_for_Nokia

2/ Contact Nokia at Nokia.Testing@nokia.com, they will create an account for you at nokia.symbiansigned.com ('Symbian Signed for Nokia')

3/ Then proceed as normally (Note that you will be asked, why you need NetworkControl)

I already did it - it's very easy)

Ask if anything is unclear!!

BR
    STeN

Super Contributor

I mail them form for step 2, but they answer:
    And thank you for contacting us. However, we don't handle these request via e-mail anymore. Instead, you can just submit your Developer Certificate request through Symbian Signed -portal at www.symbiansigned.com and we will handle it accordingly.
    Should i try again?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

I'm lost little bit. Why they are mention Developer Ceritifcate? What were you requesing? Developer Ceritifcate? I thought that your application is already developed (thus I excpected that you already have the developer certificate) and now you are going to pass the sign criteria, isn't it?

So what exactly you need?

BR
    STeN

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by stenlik View Post
    Hi,

I'm lost little bit. Why they are mention Developer Ceritifcate? What were you requesing? Developer Ceritifcate? I thought that your application is already developed (thus I excpected that you already have the developer certificate) and now you are going to pass the sign criteria, isn't it?

So what exactly you need?

BR
    STeN
    Yes you right, i already have DevCert and need to sign my app, but they send me THAT. May be they make mistake?
    I will try to send them a request form again.