Discussion Board

RE: Nokia 7650 and Billionton USB BT

did you get any help? i got an expensive bluetooth usb conector and i can not get it to work with the pc suite also

Nokia 7650 and Billionton USB BT

Hi!

I'm trying to connect my PC to a Nokia 7650 through bluetooth. I'm using a Billionton USB bt device and the OS I'm using is Windows98. The phone finds the PC and the PC finds the phone. But when trying to connect them (through btserial) from the PC it fails. First I'm asked to enter a password on the phone, then on the pc, then the phone asks if I want to allow the pc to connect. I choose "yes" and then the pc tells me that the phone refused the connection. When I connect from the phone the pc never detects it even if the phone says the phone is connected.

Another thing I've noticed is that I cannot choose the correct comport in the nokia connection manager. Only Com1 and 2 are available but I must use com4.

Someone please help me!

Nokia Developer Moderator

For the first, make the PC authorised from the phone (Bluetooth menu, and go to 'Paired devices' view (right from the BT main view). Select Options -> Authorise for your PC.
    That might help with connection establishment.

mRouter software should show which COM ports are reserved for Bluetooth.
    For troubleshooting, you might find a solution in readme.txt that can be found under Start menu | Programs | PC Suite for Nokia 7650. There is, e.g., tip how to configure 3Com Bluetooth USB. That might also give some idea for your case.

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

RE: Nokia 7650 with Bluetooth Acer USB

thxx for this question - I'm confronted with the same problem - the Nokia Connection Manager offers only COM1 and COM2 by cableconnection. And with that effect refuses PC Suite any starts. Otherwise with WinXp SP1 and the Bluetooth Installation allows me to connect pc with the phone. Lucky, when I start my pc and the phone's still running, the phone asks for the password and get connected. I find the connection as a folder in Windows-Explorer with all required features.
    But how to start pc suite?
    Where are the programmers of Nokia?
    Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

If I remember right, Billionton BT USB is using Widcomm stack. 'frostybeard' had a hint a while ago how to configure COM ports. Here is a quotation from his message:

'When using Widcomm software:When you initiate the connection to the phone from thePC, you will use the client port. Use the serial port iconunder your 7650 in the Bluetooth software in the PC to open the connection to the phone.The phone may ask for authentication, and maybe also the PC, and it will establish a connection. IMMEDIATELY, the 7650 will then drop the connection, and after a few seconds, it will initiate a connection back to the PC that just tried to make a connection to it. (there may also be an authentication or confirmation) Widcomm may assign the phone COM0. Ignore it.(It will give an error if you click OK.)You need to have the 7650 connection manager open. (the little"two plugs" icon in the icon tray, "mRouter&quot You need to have the host com port checked, NOT the com port you originally tried tomake the connection with to the phone, but the one the phoneuses to make the connection back to the PC.'

seppo
    Forum Nokia