Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Post how to add chinese in write language

I am using nokia 5200 , i can receive chinese word from other people but my phone cannot write chinese.
    Where can i download the write language pack , not language pack!

Super Contributor

Re: how to add chinese in write language

There are no "write language packs" or other kinds of user-installable "language packs" for the 5200. If you want to write Chinese on it, you need a Chinse firmware variant. If the 5200 is for sale in Chinese speaking regions (PRC, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.), you will find such models for sale in stores in those regions. In the same countries/regions, authorized Nokia service/repair centers may also be able to help with firmware updating.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    There are no "write language packs" or other kinds of user-installable "language packs" for the 5200. If you want to write Chinese on it, you need a Chinse firmware variant. If the 5200 is for sale in Chinese speaking regions (PRC, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.), you will find such models for sale in stores in those regions. In the same countries/regions, authorized Nokia service/repair centers may also be able to help with firmware updating.
    I buy nokia 5200 at malaysia , i wan to write chinese message , but there is no chinese selection in write language , what can i do?

Super Contributor

Hello

Like "petrib" mentioned, you need Chinese firmware variant, which can be also done by updating your device with suitable firmware version (contain the Chinese language)on the authorized Nokia service centers

-tum-

Quote Originally Posted by Tumpelo View Post
    Hello

Like "petrib" mentioned, you need Chinese firmware variant, which can be also done by updating your device with suitable firmware version (contain the Chinese language)on the authorized Nokia service centers

-tum-
    erm , can i download the sofware myself?

Super Contributor

Hello!

If u use the Software Updater, it reads the device information and gives the same language package which you have been on that device when it bought.

You need to go to the service center.

-tum-

I called a local Nokia Center and they told me that they can't change my language pack. So if I need to change language pack (e.g. Chinese), I need to travel to another country (like Hong Kong) to have it installed?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Your problem has nothing to do with Forum Nokia, it is not a software developmen related issue.

The situation with Nokia's product confifuration is clear, Chinese enabled phones are sold in placese with a segnificant Chinese speaking population. That does not include unfortunately the China Town areas from Europe and US so Chinese nationals living abroad do have this problem in finding a phone with Chinese support.

Also adding to the complexity of the problem the hardware of the devices sold in China is not exaclty the same as for the same device sold in e.g. Europe, and that is due to Chinese market specifics. If the hardware is diferent then the software would not be as easy to transfer across device variants either.

This preety much means that if the local Nokia Service Center could not help you nobody can, not even if you go to some other country. Try to find a 3rd party application that would at least give you support for some limited features or buy a device from the Chinese market.

For more info please see http://www.nokia.com/support or http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite