Discussion Board

Thread: ACS ID rejected

Regular Contributor

ACS ID rejected

Hi All,

I have a problem with generating a developer certificate. I get the following response from the developer request on the symbiansigned.com website.

Your request has failed. Reason:
    The ACS PublisherID supplied with the request is invalid. Please recreate you CSR file using a valid ACS. If problems persist contact developercertificates@symbian.com

An email reply was received, directing all queries to this forum.

My email was :-
    Hi there,

I tried to create a new certificate today, to extend the capabilities for my application. I am requesting read and write device data, read and write user data, network services and local services. Your service rejects the request saying 'invalid ACS ID'. This ID has previously been used, and is valid until next year...

The output from Dev Cert Request tool is:-

Certificate Request File: C:\CERTIF~1\savecell3.csr
    Private Key File: C:\CERTIF~1\savecell.key
    State: Worcestershire
    City: Redditch
    Company: SMS Systems Ltd
    Division: Symbian Signed PublisherID
    Common Name: SMS Systems Ltd
    IMEI(s): 353261013791232,359367004227336
    App Capabilities: ReadDeviceData,WriteDeviceData,NetworkServices,LocalServices,ReadUserData,WriteUserData

The certificate was obtained from Trustcenter.

I do not pretend to understand the certification process, I only know that it did work for me a couple of weeks ago, and it does not work now.

Please help!

Richard

I was trying to add the ReadUserData and WriteUserData capabilities, as I have a problem in that area, I think (see other posts in the forum).

Super Contributor

Re: ACS ID rejected

Guidance on how to cover the full 9 yards:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.exe.html
    Last edited by mitts; 2007-11-27 at 15:29.

Regular Contributor

Hi mitts,

Many thanks for your pointer to the video, I could have saved a couple of weeks work if I had known it existed... I suppose that I am so used to symbian not giving out information that I did not look hard for any.

The only problem that I have is in downloading and installing the carbide signing plugin. I copied the directories into Program Files\nokia\carbide++1.2\plugins while the IDE was running, and it did not see them when it reloaded.

The video mentions calling the code from the DOS command line, using the "clean" option if this problem arises. I have tried command line options of "clean" "-clean" and "/clean" but the IDE loads without seeing the signing aid.

Could you work your magic again, and tell me what to do?

Richard

Super Contributor

The correct syntax should be:

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.2>carbide.c++ -clean

One thing you could check is that you have the correct version of the Symbian stuff, there was a dysfunctional version posted earlier, you need version 1.07 to make it work.

Regular Contributor

Hi mitts,

Thanks, that worked. I was a little confused by the absence of the 'Carbide' title in the toolbar, as per the video. I had not realised that it it had changed to 'Tools'.

Cheers,

Richard