Discussion Board

Super Contributor

SOS - Nokia WTK 2.0 and 7110 questions

Posted by Lakshan Wannakuwatte, lakshan@cimvision.com
    on July 22, 2000 at 01:43

Q1 - I installed the Nokia Wap Toolki 2.0 and have been spending alot of time trying to access a WAP application run on a remote server. This application uses ASP pages. When I try with the Blue print Emulator I have no problem accessing it, and it runs fine. In the 7110 it says 'Page cannot be displayed'. There are no proper debugging available for the 7110 to determine what's going wrong. When you press on Home it says sommething like "WAP server Installed succesfully...". But my guess is that it is something to do with the WAP server emulator. Can some body pls help??

Q2- I'm in Longbeach U.S.A. We dont have WAP service providers in the area. However I have some help from Singapore to test the WAP application. They are using a REAL Nokia 7110. When they try to access the application over the Internet, it shows the Initial start up page which is ASP content. However, they have problems with subsequent pages. They give a msg saying "Cannot load Page.." or something to that nature. These ASP pages are dynamically created. If I manually make the pages smaller they get displayed. My question is, is there a maximum deck size or card size for the Nokia 7110. If so what is it? If not any idea why this is happening?

Super Contributor

RE: SOS - Nokia WTK 2.0 and 7110 questions

Posted by Andreas Wagner, andreas.wagner@cmg.de
    on July 22, 2000 at 20:10

There is a limitation of 1397 Bytes for a compiled binary deck. You can find this figure in the FAQ accessible from the Nokia Dev. forum.

Does anyone know what this approximately means for non-compiled WML-Code?