Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Series 40 5th Edition SDK Includes JSR-211

The Series 40 5th Edition SDK is the reference implementation SDK for the Series 40 Platform 5th Edition. The SDK enables developers to quickly and efficiently run and test Java applications as well as browser and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) content. It also includes JSR-248 Mobile Service Architecture Subset implementation.

The latest version of the SDK (Feature Pack 1) is based on the Nokia 6500 slide phone and provides for example support for the newest technology version (2.1.1) of Adobe's Macromedia Flash Lite and includes JSR-211 Content Handler API.

Re: Series 40 5th Edition SDK Includes JSR-211

Thank you for good news.

Nokia Developer Expert

We have Series 40 6th Edition SDK for Series 40 6th Edition platform which also have JSR 179 support.

One good feature i found in this is Joystick Api and simulation.

Regards
    RAvikumar

Super Contributor

Ya nice feature is that content handler, i have developed a test app and tested it on Nokia 5310 xpress music.
    au revoir
    Prakash Raman

Nokia Developer Expert

I didn't find JSR 211 support in S60/Sybmain sdk/device.

Do we have equivalent native APIs for implementing the same which reason for not having JSR 211 CHAPI support.

Regards
    Ravikumar

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ghravikumar View Post
    I didn't find JSR 211 support in S60/Sybmain sdk/device.

Do we have equivalent native APIs for implementing the same which reason for not having JSR 211 CHAPI support.

Regards
    Ravikumar
    I dont think it is still there on any S60 phone so there won't be any SDK of S60. But Most of MIDP 2.1 S40 devices have this JSR so u can download S40 5th edition SDK which support MIDP2.1 and jsr 211
    au revoir
    Prakash Raman

hello Junta

I am using the s60 3rd edition fp1 sdk for java. To configure it with the java ide ( I am using the java sdk 3.0, instead of netbeans ), when I search for the Java platforms, the java sdk should show the s60 device, but it does not. Also there are some missing files, the directory : C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_MIDP_SDK_FP1_2\bin\epoc32\tools\java. ....is empty, so i figure this is the cause of the problem..

I would like to know what are the alterate ways to configure Java IDE with s60 3rd edition sp1 for java .
    I am sorry for posting here, and please guide me.

Ashutosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post

The Series 40 5th Edition SDK is the reference implementation SDK for the Series 40 Platform 5th Edition. The SDK enables developers to quickly and efficiently run and test Java applications as well as browser and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) content. It also includes JSR-248 Mobile Service Architecture Subset implementation.

The latest version of the SDK (Feature Pack 1) is based on the Nokia 6500 slide phone and provides for example support for the newest technology version (2.1.1) of Adobe's Macromedia Flash Lite and includes JSR-211 Content Handler API.
    Hi All,
    I am new to GPS world..Give some info..

Angry Re: Series 40 5th Edition SDK Includes JSR-211

Hi Comrades,

I am new on Mobile Development. I have developed MidletSuite to receive WebServices. It works on N97(S60 5th Edition) . But not on other mobiles (like S40 Edition). When I gone thru the nokia forum it shows that it not support JSR 172, JSR 177.

I want my mobile with (S40 Series) to support the above APIs. How can I update my JVM APIs to support JSR 172, 177.

Let me know is it possible. Tell me the ways how to do ?

Very Urgent. Thanks

Super Contributor

All: if you want an answer to a specific question, you are always more likely to get help if you start a new thread for your problem. Tagging a new question onto the end of an existing thread is not likely to get you much help, as people have usually stopped the conversation some time ago.

balaji.mathu: No, you cannot update your device to support new JSR's. Some Series 40 devices do support he APIs you want, others do not (same is true of Series 60, or any other device group).

Graham.

nokia Series 40 5th Edition gives error when i install it on windows 7.
    JRE 5, designed for windows xp ??

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello dragon146,

and welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!

Series 40 5th Edition SDK is quite an old SDK (from 2007 if I remember correctly). You can find and download the latest/newer SDKs for Series 40 from here:
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve..._SDK_for_Java/

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]