Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry -46 error for GetCallInfo

Here is another Get Incoming ANI problem.

I have 5 capabilities listed in my MMP and the .csr I send to Symbian Signed. In addition, I have an ACS Publisher ID from Verisign, and a secure UID in both the .pkg and the .mmp.

The capabilities are: NetworkServices, ReadUserData, WriteUserData,ReadDeviceData, and WriteDeviceData.

When I sign my .sis with the DevCert returned by Symbian, it does not verify with verifysymbiansigned.exe as having an ACS signature.

I have tried signing the .sis with the ACS .key and .cer, then signing with the devcert from Symbian, and I do get verification of Developer signed and ACS signed.

The problem is, no matter what I install on the N75 device, it still returns a -46 instead of a Calling Number when we request the GetCallInfo. We are using the code from this thread: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Get_Caller_Number for the S603rd edition.

We are using CodeWarrior 3.1.1, S603rd_MR for the N75 device.

Why are we still denied access to the Incoming Number? It sounds like a capability or DevCert problem, but I need another suggestion.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: -46 error for GetCallInfo

You must rebuild/re-import your project once you make any change in your .mmp file.

Check this thread: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=102505

Kiran.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: -46 error for GetCallInfo

THERE IS NO CONNECTION BETWEEN A CERTIFICATE AND APPLICATION'S BEHAVIOR AT RUN TIME.

The certificate is used to validate the install and installation problems might be related to it. But once the install completed successfully there's no reason to blame it for any of your problems.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank you both very much for the input.

I have re-imported the .mmp. It installs without errors, but now will not launch. It would launch previously. The only change I made to the mmp was the addition of 4 capabilities: ReadUserData, WriteUserData, ReaDeviceData, WriteDeviceData.

What else should I consider? I have tried removing the capabilities and reimporting with the same result. App installs but will not open. I do not have auto-start in the app.

What could possibly exist in the .mmp that would allow install but not launch?

Thanks, again.

You might want to read the material referenced in my signature. You cannot just say that the app is not starting as there must be some message given by the application or by the Menu indicating what might be the problem.

If the only change made to the MMP is the capabilities and the reasons for not starting is in the line of KErrPermissionDenied then it could be that you are using a DLL that does not have those DLLs.

Otherwise something might be missing or incorrect in the installation package or in applications resources. It is hard to say unless you tell us what to look for.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I would be ecstatic if there was some kind of error message when the app will not open. Alas, there is nothing.

But, the suggestion to look for DLLs and/or resources that are not loading is a good one. I will review that.

We are basing the code on the HTTPClientExample from the Nokia Forum, and when I use the example, everthing loads and functions. Once we insert our code, everything loads and starts, but we get the -46 error when we attempt the GetCallInfo. Then, when I reimport the .mmp with the additional capablities, the app just refuses to do anything at all. It just sits there mocking me.

I realize this all sounds like I have not read and re-read all the wiki info and all the discussion boards, but I have. There may be something that I am assuming that I shouldn't. Would you like to see the .mmp and .pkg? They are pretty simple, but there must be something I am missing...

Why not, let's have a look at the files
    -- Lucian

Thanks! I'm sure I will feel pretty dumb once someone points out my error.

First is the adjusted .pkg file. I have an assigned UID from Symbian. We are using the N75 device.

Code:
    ;=======================================================================
    ;  Name     : HTTPClientExample_S60_3rd_ed.pkg
    ;  Part of  : HTTP Client Example
    ;  Created  : 06/26/2006 by Forum Nokia 
    ;  Version  : 2.0
    ;  Copyright: Forum Nokia
    ;=======================================================================
    ;
    ; Installation file for HTTP Client Example application
    ;
    ;Language - standard language definitions
    &EN

; standard SIS file header
    #{"HTTPClientExample"},(0x2000FBB1),30,0,0

;
    ;Localised Vendor name
    ;
    %{"HooRU"}

;
    ;Unique Vendor name
    ;
    :"Accudata Technologies"

;
    ;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    ;
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

;
    ; Files to install
    ;

"c:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_6\Epoc32\release\gcce\urel\HTTPClientExample.exe"-"!:\sys\bin\HTTPClientExample.exe"
    "c:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_6\Epoc32\data\Z\Resource\apps\HTTPClientExample.rsc"-"!:\resource\apps\HTTPClientExample.rsc"
    "c:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR_6\Epoc32\data\Z\private\10003a3f\apps\HTTPClientExample_reg.rsc"-"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\HTTPClientExample_reg.rsc"

Here is the .mmp:

Code:
    /*
     * ============================================================================
     *  Name     : HTTPClientExample_S60_3rd_ed.mmp
     *  Part of  : HTTP Client Example
     *  Created  : 06/26/2006 by Forum Nokia
     *  Version  : 2.0
     *  Copyright: Forum Nokia
     * ============================================================================
     */

TARGET                  HTTPClientExample.exe
    TARGETTYPE              exe
    UID                     0x0 0x2000FBB1
    SECUREID                0x2000FBB1

CAPABILITY              NetworkServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData
    EPOCSTACKSIZE           0x8000

START RESOURCE          ..\data\HTTPClientExample.rss
        HEADER
        TARGETPATH      "\\resource\\apps"
        LANG        SC
    END

START RESOURCE          ..\data\HTTPClientExample_loc.rss
        HEADER
        TARGETPATH  "\\resource\\apps"
        LANG        SC
    END

START RESOURCE          ..\data\HTTPClientExample_reg.rss
        TARGETPATH      "\\private\\10003a3f\\apps"
    END 

LANG          SC

USERINCLUDE       ..\inc 
    SYSTEMINCLUDE     \epoc32\include \epoc32\include\ecom

#ifdef _CARBIDE_CPP_
    SOURCEPATH              ..\sis
    SOURCE                  HTTPClientExample_S60_3rd_ed_Carbide.pkg
    #endif

SOURCEPATH        ..\src
    SOURCE            Client.cpp
    SOURCE            ClientApplication.cpp 
    SOURCE            ClientAppView.cpp
    SOURCE            ClientAppUi.cpp
    SOURCE            ClientDocument.cpp 
    SOURCE            ClientEngine.cpp
    SOURCE			  CallObserver.cpp

LIBRARY           euser.lib
    LIBRARY           apparc.lib
    LIBRARY           cone.lib 
    LIBRARY           eikcore.lib  
    LIBRARY           eikcoctl.lib
    LIBRARY           avkon.lib
    LIBRARY           eikctl.lib
    LIBRARY           gdi.lib
    LIBRARY           bafl.lib         // for string pools
    LIBRARY           InetProtUtil.lib // for UriParser
    LIBRARY           http.lib         // for HTTP Client API
    LIBRARY           ecom.lib         // for HTTP Client API
    LIBRARY           esock.lib        // for RSocketServ
    LIBRARY           commdb.lib
    LIBRARY			  etel3rdparty.lib
    LIBRARY	          efsrv.dso

I know how much time this kind of review requires and I deeply appreciate it.

Personally I would write efsrv.lib, however I am not fully aware of its importance (or its lack of importance). Otherwise these files do not show that much (you have changed the UID, and added some sources and libs).

Wizard,

I am not sure what you mean by "I would write efsrv.lib". What is there about that .lib that you don't like?

I don't see anything particularly non-standard about this .mmp, do you? or the .pkg?

Thanks.

You have a
    LIBRARY efsrv.dso
    line in the .mmp. The standard would be efsrv.lib, however I do not really know if it matters at all, and it is not something that could raise a permission denied panic.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. When I add the .lib into the .mmp, it imports it into the project as the .dso. I am not clear why it does that. It does it for the etel3rdparty.lib, too.

OOPS, sorry, I was looking at the wrong .mmp. The one I sent here does have the .dso extension, but it doesn't seem to matter. I have it in the .mmp both ways, and it still behaves the same...

The problem with the app no longer launching once it was installed in the N75 device was a result of re-importing the project with my Symbian assigned UID in the .mmp file.

The device does not like the Symbian assigned UID. I will contact Symbian about this and notify all of resolution, is any.

The app functions with the UID from the httpdlientexample.mmp, including being able to get and post HTTP, and GetCallInfo.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ss7guru View Post
    I have re-imported the .mmp. It installs without errors, but now will not launch. It would launch previously. The only change I made to the mmp was the addition of 4 capabilities: ReadUserData, WriteUserData, ReaDeviceData, WriteDeviceData.
    Quote Originally Posted by ss7guru View Post
    The problem with the app no longer launching once it was installed in the N75 device was a result of re-importing the project with my Symbian assigned UID in the .mmp file.

The device does not like the Symbian assigned UID. I will contact Symbian about this and notify all of resolution, is any.
    Thanks for finally deciding to share some relevant info with us. I was in fact suspecting that you have changed the UID but I am sick and tired of torturing people for extracting the info.

When changing the UID3 you need to be careful and replace the value in all the relevant files. The UID3 is specified in mmp, in the *_reg.rss and in at least one place in the actual code (either *.cpp or *.h). All these uses of the UID3 must match the new value, a mismatch will cause the application not to start anymore.

Otherwise the emulator loves the UIDs from Symbian. For no particular reason though, it kind of believes that all the UIDs are from Symbian ...
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2007-12-06 at 18:29.
    -- Lucian