Discussion Board

Any working examples of CContentHandlerBase for Wap Push?

Hi,

I'm trying to receive and process Wap Push messages. There is very little documentation for CContentHandlerBase, and didn't find any examples online or in the SDKs. Does anyone have a working example they could share with me?

My ECOM plugin doesn't appear to be triggered on the device. I could maybe use "typical" SMS listening techniques to intercept the message, but the WAP Push Framework seems to be a more efficient way to do things

Thanks, Paul.

Re: Any working examples of CContentHandlerBase for Wap Push?

I now have a properly working Wap Push plugin. Here's the main thing that was wrong in my initial implementation.

Originally I used KUidPushContentHandlerBase (0x101F3E5E) from CContentHandlerBase.h as the interface_id (since my plugin derived from CContentHandlerBase). My plugin did not get instantiated when the Wap Push message arrived.

In the plugin RSS file, I now use interface_id KUidPushHandlerBase (0x101F3E5A) from CPushHandlerBase.h, and my plugin is loaded correctly in response to the default_data specified in the RSS file.

If anyone knows under what circumstances KUidPushContentHandlerBase plugins are invoked, then I'd love to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulr View Post
    I now have a properly working Wap Push plugin. Here's the main thing that was wrong in my initial implementation.

Originally I used KUidPushContentHandlerBase (0x101F3E5E) from CContentHandlerBase.h as the interface_id (since my plugin derived from CContentHandlerBase). My plugin did not get instantiated when the Wap Push message arrived.

In the plugin RSS file, I now use interface_id KUidPushHandlerBase (0x101F3E5A) from CPushHandlerBase.h, and my plugin is loaded correctly in response to the default_data specified in the RSS file.

If anyone knows under what circumstances KUidPushContentHandlerBase plugins are invoked, then I'd love to hear about it.
    Hi,

It looks I have the same problem with my implementation of Wap push plugin, however I did the change you described but plugin is still not instantiated when the message arrived. What are other changes that have you done? Maybe you could put piece of your implementation, I mean the main things like .rss, ImplementationGroupProxy, .mmp, .pkg

Thanks in advance,
    Lukas

Hello,

Did you guys find the way to make it works? Thank you.