Discussion Board

Exclamation Problems with OpenC libraries

Hello!

I'm a Spanish guy working on a project in Austria trying to port Google OCR to SymbianOS (hoping that this is a good improvement to the Symbian comunity).

I'm new in Symbian, and I got some problems that I cannot solve although I look through all the documentation I found.

Let me specify my settings first.

I'm working with:
    * Carbide C/C++ v1.2
    * SDK 3rd Edition MR
    * OpenC SDK Plug-In MR

And the paths I'm using for my Carbide project are:
    * tesseract/src/util
    * tesseract/src
    * tesseract/inc
    * C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/Epoc32/include
    * C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/Epoc32/include/libc
    * C:/Symbian/9.1/S60_3rd_MR/Epoc32/include/stdapis

where tesseract is the folder where I have my project.

I'm using mmp files to compile the project. I'm particular I was trying to compile one of the folders (ccutil), when I came across with the following errors:

Severity and Description Location
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\inttypes.h undefined identifier 'intmax_t' line 40
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 38
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 43
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 48
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 53
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 58
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 63
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 68
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 73
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 77
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 78
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 79
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 80
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 82
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 83
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 84
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 85
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 87
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 88
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 89
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 90
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 92
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 93
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 94
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 95
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 97
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 98
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 101
    ..\..\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\include\stdapis\sys\stdint.h ';' expected line 102

I have no idea why it complains about my OpenC files, as they should work properly on Carbide.
    I don't know what's wrong with the stdint.h and inttypes.h libraries from the stdapis folder.
    Does anyone knows was going on here?

If you need more information I will be pleased to give it to you.

Thank you very much!!
    Last edited by hispano84; 2007-12-05 at 17:57.

Re: Problems with stdint.h and inttypes.h

Please post the SYSTEMINCLUDE/USERINCLUDE definitions from your .mmp.

Lauri

My .mmp file has the following SYSTEMINCLUDE/USERINCLUDE definitions:

USERINCLUDE ..\src\ccmain
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\ccutil
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\dict
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\textord
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\viewer
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\ccstruct
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\classify
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\cutil
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\display
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\image
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\training
    USERINCLUDE ..\src\wordrec
    USERINCLUDE ..\src

SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include\libc
    //Include path for Open C headers
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include\stdapis
    SYSTEMINCLUDE ..\inc

Is there something missing on these definitions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by laa-laa View Post
    Please post the SYSTEMINCLUDE/USERINCLUDE definitions from your .mmp.

Lauri

Remove this:
    Code:
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include\libc
    You're mixing header files from two different C library implementations: estlib (libc) and Open C (stdapis).

Lauri

Smile Re: Problems with stdint.h and inttypes.h

Thanks a lot!!!!

Now the problem doesn't show up anymore!

Hi hispano84,

We too are trying to port the Google OCR to Symbian, BUt we hit a roadblock as the Unix Signals code is causing lots of Build issues.

Were you successful in porting and getting it to work? Could you please help us on the same.
    Also it would be helpful if you could give us the logic used in the Google OCR.

Thanks in Advance

Sayema

Hi,

Unix signals are not currently supported on Symbian OS. You will need to use another mechanism to achieve the same result.

Mark

Hi,

Thanks Mark.

Could you let me know if the OCR Engine ported to Symbian worked.If not could you give us pointers on moving ahead with it. We need a OCR engine functionality in our app.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

I'm afraid I have no clue whether the previous port was successful or not. Assuming you mean:
    http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/
    the code is Apache licensed so there's no requirement to release the source of a port (although that would be the helpful thing to do).

To proceed you need to figure out what the signals are used for and decide how you will replace that functionality. Often it's just for killing child processes and that is fairly easy to resolve.

Mark

Hi!

Sorry for the waiting. I just found out your posts today.

I had to remove all the signal functions in the OCR.
    It worked on the emulator, but there were some problems concerning the blank characters (spaces) as they were skipped.
    I also was not able to use it on the phone (because of some memory errors).

The project is currently held by the Fachhochschule Hagenberg, so maybe you could ask them about the status of the project.

Greetings,
    Carlos