Discussion Board

Question Programmable Soft Keys in Mobile Browser using ECMAScript MP

Hi all,

Within XHTML MP ForumNokia Wiki page, it mentioned that XHTML MP does not support programmable softkeys. However it said that ECMAScript MP can handle this.

I'm reviewing ECMAScript MP spec from OMA. (http://www.openmobilealliance.org/re...20040709-C.pdf)

However, I can't find the specific method that handle that. I checked the Global Objects for Document and Screen. Essentially, I want to change the label of the soft keys in the mobile browser when I highlight a tag or URL.

Can anyone pls help me point me to right section? Am I looking at the right doc? Any comment are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cheers!

Re: Programmable Soft Keys in Mobile Browser using ECMAScript MP

Anyone?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Programmable Soft Keys in Mobile Browser using ECMAScript MP

Can you post the reference link which you have found in the Wiki page about this? I would like to investigate further.

The softkey support, as I understand, is recently added by the widget engine in 3rd FP2 SDK only for widget development, not before. My current answer to you is that it would not be possible via the browser. However, if you can post the reference you have from Wiki, I will read and confirm my understanding.

Thanks!