Discussion Board

Thread: Update Error

Regular Contributor

Update Error

Hi I am trying to install cenrep but I get an install error, so I tried to uninstall the previous version but it doesn't appear in the App Manager, and I can't reach the sys/bin from the application browser since it's a N95 phone 3rd edition.

Any ideas, or do I have to format the phone?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Update Error

1) The central repository files are not in sys\bin (why would they?) but it is true, you still cannot access them.

2) You should not install your own CR file since the current implementation is messy and leads to your kind of problems.

3) Getting support for CR files on DiBo is rather unlikely since the feature is not "public". You should consider contacting Symbian for support.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

What are CR files? and is there any way to remove all the annoying permissions in the phone, I just want to be able to admin my own phone, with having to worry about certificates, and files been hidden from me, especially when I am developing

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    1) The central repository files are not in sys\bin (why would they?) but it is true, you still cannot access them.

2) You should not install your own CR file since the current implementation is messy and leads to your kind of problems.

3) Getting support for CR files on DiBo is rather unlikely since the feature is not "public". You should consider contacting Symbian for support.

Nokia Developer Moderator

CR is another way of saying "cenrep" Assuming that you can disable the restrictions on your device what good would that do, especially when developing ... your application will have to obey those constraints if it is to run on some other device.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite