Hello to everybody,
I have developed an easy java module to send sms from my pc using AT commands to control my n70. I'd like to suggest some small tips to develop a similar application:
- Verify the availability of a particolar AT command (I use Hyper Terminal) before to use it (es. AT+CMGS=?, only if this instruction returns OK your telephon can send sms)
- Have a small time between sending of two commands, remember that process time is very slow compared to transfer-rate from pc to your telephone
- Wait for "OK" befor to send next AT command (as before)
For example, the follow AT command sequence can be used to test sms sending:
at+cmgs="<telephone number to send sms>"
> <text of the sms>
> ->(end of text message: press CTRL + Z )
Now I'd like to make some questions to clear my doubts about the many posts and views that I have read till to now and that are very contrasting (because only few people reports running examples, much other replies with links to other posts):
- I'm now sure that I can send sms by my n70 using AT commands, but can I read them using the same commands?
- Why if do I use the command "at+cpms=?" I receive the empty set "+CPMS: (),(),()"
- Why if do I use the commands "at+cmgr=?" and "AT+CMGL=?" they give me "ERROR"