Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Symbian Signed: New and improved

Symbian Signed has changed. Three new and simplified signing options are available to developers, supported by a new (and lower cost) Certificate Authority.

More information available at http://developer.symbian.com/main/signed/.

Super Contributor

Re: Symbian Signed: New and improved

In particular, pay attention to the new test criteria, a LOT has changed. Also do note that you are expected to follow these same test criteria (doing the tests yourself as part of a professional QA phase in your R&D) even if you submit applications via the Express Signed program.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mitts View Post
    In particular, pay attention to the new test criteria, a LOT has changed. Also do note that you are expected to follow these same test criteria (doing the tests yourself as part of a professional QA phase in your R&D) even if you submit applications via the Express Signed program.
    Our test team had just worked out all the old test criteria, so they were really happy to hear they could start all over The changes look good, much clearer than before, also covering many exceptions.

When requesting a new Developer Certificate I keep getting an error that the uploaded .csr does not contain any Manufacturer capabilities, which is not true. It even rejects a .csr file I succesfully used several weeks ago.

Edit: Wait a minute, is MultimediaDD no longer a manufacterer capability? How do I then add new IMEI numbers to my current developer certificate if the upload form rejects .csr files? I tried with both the old and the new DevRequest tool, and both with and without ACS publisher ID (in the last case I don't get the option to select MultimediaDD).

With all these new options, I begin to lose the overview on how to get our application signed. First for development, second for testing SymbianSigned criteria, third for release.
    Last edited by dracula78; 2007-12-17 at 13:59.
    IDE: Carbide.c++ 1.3 / 2.0beta
    SDK: S60 3rd edition MP / FP1
    V2.10.013 (15-09-06) @ Nokia N91
    V20.0.058 (21-10-06) @ Nokia N93
    V30.0.015 (15-07-08) @ Nokia N95

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dracula78 View Post
    Our test team had just worked out all the old test criteria, so they were really happy to hear they could start all over The changes look good, much clearer than before, also covering many exceptions.

When requesting a new Developer Certificate I keep getting an error that the uploaded .csr does not contain any Manufacturer capabilities, which is not true. It even rejects a .csr file I succesfully used several weeks ago.

Edit: Wait a minute, is MultimediaDD no longer a manufacterer capability? How do I then add new IMEI numbers to my current developer certificate if the upload form rejects .csr files? I tried with both the old and the new DevRequest tool, and both with and without ACS publisher ID (in the last case I don't get the option to select MultimediaDD).
    In this case you will need to do a new DevCert request with the MultimediaDD capability to the general Symbian Signed process. Updating an existing and approved DevCert with new IMEIs -enhancement is only available when requesting manufacturer DevCerts from Nokia. And in the new Symbian Signed process, only DevCerts including AllFiles, DRM or TCB will go through this manufacturer path.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, indeed a normal DevCert worked fine, had almost forgotten about that option. It is good to see MultimediaDD more easily accessible.
    IDE: Carbide.c++ 1.3 / 2.0beta
    SDK: S60 3rd edition MP / FP1
    V2.10.013 (15-09-06) @ Nokia N91
    V20.0.058 (21-10-06) @ Nokia N93
    V30.0.015 (15-07-08) @ Nokia N95