×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    File Corrupt ....

    Hello All,

    I have developed one application in S60 3rd & put it on our company website for download.

    I have set mime type for sis as.. (on server)
    application/vnd.symbian.install .sis
    x-epoc/x-sisx-app .sisx

    Now the problem is if i use phone browser then files gets installed successfully but if i download it on PC using IE or Firefox & then try to install it on device using PC suite or Data cable it gives me File Corrupt Error....

    Whats the reason for this..?

    Any pointer to this is appreciated.

    thanks
    bnvaikos

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by bnvaikos View Post
    I have set mime type for sis as.. (on server)
    application/vnd.symbian.install .sis
    x-epoc/x-sisx-app .sisx
    So you have both SIS and SISX files on your server. Are you sure that the right MIME is associated with the right content?
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    So you have both SIS and SISX files on your server. Are you sure that the right MIME is associated with the right content?
    hello,

    I have only sis file on server. I am not getting.. " right MIME is associated with the right content". Could you plz explain me ..?

    thanks
    bnvaikos

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Well, you seem to have the right MIME type strings associated with the right files but are they indeed used by the web server?
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Well, you seem to have the right MIME type strings associated with the right files but are they indeed used by the web server?
    Hello,

    yeah.. web server supports these mime types..
    now facing strange problem.. The sis file which I have downloaded yest was showing File corrupt warning when trying to install & the same sis i downloaded 2day.. got installed on device.
    Why this happening? Means for some files its working & for some got File Corrupt Error..

    But all theses files are getting installed on device if i used phone browser for download..

    thanks
    bnvaikos

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by bnvaikos View Post
    Hello,

    yeah.. web server supports these mime types..
    now facing strange problem.. The sis file which I have downloaded yest was showing File corrupt warning when trying to install & the same sis i downloaded 2day.. got installed on device.
    Why this happening? Means for some files its working & for some got File Corrupt Error..

    But all theses files are getting installed on device if i used phone browser for download..

    thanks
    bnvaikos
    Hello ltomuta,

    Could u plz help me in solving this problem?

    thanks
    bnvaikos

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Is your server accessible from the internet? You could post a link to some helloworld sis and we can have a look at what happens during the download.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Is your server accessible from the internet? You could post a link to some helloworld sis and we can have a look at what happens during the download.
    thanks for reply..

    I have just uploaded Helloworld.sis for 3rd ed.. here is link
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/hello_signed.sis

    & one more file
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/MR_3rd_signedFINAL.sis

    here hellowworld is getting installed on device but for other facing problem. I tested "MR_3rd_signedFINAL.sis" the sis file on device its working but when try to install web downloaded sis got error note.

    what could be the reason?

    thanks
    bnvaikos

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by bnvaikos View Post
    Hello All,

    I have developed one application in S60 3rd & put it on our company website for download.

    I have set mime type for sis as.. (on server)
    application/vnd.symbian.install .sis
    x-epoc/x-sisx-app .sisx

    Now the problem is if i use phone browser then files gets installed successfully but if i download it on PC using IE or Firefox & then try to install it on device using PC suite or Data cable it gives me File Corrupt Error....

    Whats the reason for this..?

    Any pointer to this is appreciated.

    thanks
    bnvaikos
    Here you specify that the server must assign MIME type application/vnd.symbian.install to files with extension .sis (Symbian OS <9) and MIME type x-epoc/x-sisx-app to files with extension .sisx (Symbian OS >= 9).

    Quote Originally Posted by bnvaikos View Post
    thanks for reply..

    I have just uploaded Helloworld.sis for 3rd ed.. here is link
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/hello_signed.sis

    & one more file
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/MR_3rd_signedFINAL.sis

    here hellowworld is getting installed on device but for other facing problem. I tested "MR_3rd_signedFINAL.sis" the sis file on device its working but when try to install web downloaded sis got error note.

    what could be the reason?

    thanks
    bnvaikos
    Here you post on the server a sis file which is intended for S60 3rd Edition (Symbian OS 9.1) but the extension used is sis so the server associates it with the application/vnd.symbian.install MIME instead of the correct one which is x-epoc/x-sisx-app. So, all you need to do is to change the extension of the file.

    Here's the HTTP traffic as captured with the Live Http Headers extension for Firefox:
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/hello_signed.sis

    GET /downloads/hello_signed.sis HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.icnvrge.com
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8
    Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
    Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    Keep-Alive: 300
    Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
    Referer: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?p=370884

    HTTP/1.x 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:19:17 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
    Last-Modified: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:01:32 GMT
    Etag: "d05357-4928-d2c85f00"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Type: application/vnd.symbian.install
    Content-Length: 18728
    Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Age: 0
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2007-12-14 at 13:00.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Here you specify that the server must assign MIME type application/vnd.symbian.install to files with extension .sis (Symbian OS <9) and MIME type x-epoc/x-sisx-app to files with extension .sisx (Symbian OS >= 9).



    Here you post on the server a sis file which is intended for S60 3rd Edition (Symbian OS 9.1) but the extension used is sis so the server associates it with the application/vnd.symbian.install MIME instead of the correct one which is x-epoc/x-sisx-app. So, all you need to do is to change the extension of the file.

    Here's the HTTP traffic as captured with the Live Http Headers extension for Firefox:
    thanx a lot for quick reply.....

    can i rename the file with sisx extention..? will that do...?
    i don't know much about sisx files.. could u brief me on that?

    thanx
    bnvaikos
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2007-12-14 at 13:00. Reason: Corrected own typo

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Yes, change the file extension to .sisx for all sis files built for S60 3rd Edition.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Yes, change the file extension to .sisx for all sis files built for S60 3rd Edition.
    i tried with this still getting same result.

    thanks,
    bnvaikos

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    I cannot tell you what's wrong now unless you post another link with a properly named package.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    BTW, I hope that you are aware that http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/ is not protected.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  15. #15
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    170

    Re: File Corrupt ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    I cannot tell you what's wrong now unless you post another link with a properly named package.
    here is the link...
    http://www.icnvrge.com/downloads/MR_...gnedFINAL.sisx


    thanx,
    bnvaikos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [moved] Theme Studio Error
    By TalJ in forum Themes/Carbide.ui
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-09-06, 03:39
  2. Error with makesis.exe and creating the .pkg file
    By gramya87 in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2007-10-10, 13:53
  3. File reading & writing help, wav file redaing help
    By shubhamlahoti in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-06-27, 09:07
  4. Jar file is corrupt
    By piedad in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-05-11, 12:23
  5. Series 60 SDK Appwizard on windows xp
    By moonjoor in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2003-12-24, 10:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •