Discussion Board

DESFireConnection and ISO14443_CARD's

Hi all, this is my first post here, and I have a question that I hope will be easy to answer.

I am currently trying to get the development environment for the Nokia 6131 NFC emulator to work properly with different card types. I have an omnikey cardman 5121 reader, and I am using Eclipse as my IDE. I can detect MiFare 1K cards, but I cannot detect DESFire cards.

I used the getSupportedTargetTypes function to find that my setup supports NDEF_TAG, ISO14443_CARD and RFID_TAG. I added TargetListeners for all three of these card types. When I pass my 1K card pass it detects an MFStandardConnection. However when I pass the DESFire card past the reader, it does not detect anything. (However I know that the card reader is working, as both cards are detected in the readers own diagnostic tool).

I assume that I am doing something incorrectly in my target detection code. I assume that the DESFire card should be detected as an ISO14443_CARD.

In summary: Please tell me how to detect and connect to a DESFire card.

Thankyou,

- Cam

Re: DESFireConnection and ISO14443_CARD's

Hi,

This probably more a result of the fact that the DESFIRE card does not contain any NDEF info, if it had the NFC Forum AID and capability container on it then the NDEF listener would probably find it (see NFC forum specs for type 4).

Otherwise, yes a DESFIRE should be seen as a ISO14443-A card but the SAK byte is different in DESFIRE to MIFARE, also the DESFIRE needs to complete two stages of cascaded anticollision before it will resdpond correctly to level 4 commands so this may be down to the implementation in the phone - to be honest I am not sure if the Nokia library can cope with cascaded anticollison and select.

May be one of the Nokia huys can help with this point?

Re: DESFireConnection and ISO14443_CARD's

It's look like DESFire does not work properly on emulator/external readers.
    This bug will be listed to SDK Known Issues. Thank you for the info.