Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Nokia Developer Moderator

A suggestion for the DiBo

Hello,

Today when I was browsing through some sites seaching for one of my projects I landed in one of the forums...(I dont remember the name) But I noticed one thing on those forums that wasn't (directly) present on our FN dibo.

They had ratings for the posts.Well our dibo also has some kinda ratings too!...But they had their ratings as
    1)Working Solution(Tested)
    2)Non-working Solution
    3)Best Reply/Solution

So there was a discussion or a Query in a thread. Several Replies posted to that..and on one post it was written Best Solution as rated by the author.No doubt I choose that one and really I was guided in the same direction...

I thought this kind of system can also made to be work on our FN Dibo so that less time is wasted in looking through other posts...

Best Regards
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Re: A suggestion for the DiBo

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    They had ratings for the posts.Well our dibo also has some kinda ratings too!...But they had their ratings as
    1)Working Solution(Tested)
    2)Non-working Solution
    3)Best Reply/Solution

So there was a discussion or a Query in a thread. Several Replies posted to that..and on one post it was written Best Solution as rated by the author.No doubt I choose that one and really I was guided in the same direction...
    This sounds like a good idea to me - the main question I would have is whether this would be used sufficiently by the authors of threads to "reward" correct solutions.

I have often seen threads on discussion boards (not just this one) where the only thing you find from the author of the original question, if anything, is a one-line reply: "Thanks, it works for me now.", but without indicating how the problem was solved. Do you think someone like this would bother actually rating the different recommendations in their thread?

If the answer is "yes", I agree that this would be a very valuable tool, and possibly even more useful than a general "good/bad" rating, because threads with a "working solution" can be automatically made candidates for a kind of pre-knowledgebase status. It might make sense to "push" authors a little towards rating their threads, e.g. by listing "unrated threads you started" in a prominent place.

Hi,

"Thanks, it works for me now." we will have to do it with that for the time being But I don't think everyone doesn't take time and pain to write such a post even if the posted solution has worked perfectly fine..
    So I Guess if we introduce rating Posts as I described earlier people may take time to click rather than making a post.

Best Regards
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

why didn't you rate this thread? We have had this in most discussion board for years (some don't have them but I turn it on when I catch them) No one uses them because I don't like to force them or create pop ups. However on the Wiki I do encourage them as I think the skill level and the usefulness of an article is very useful to users.

Ron

Hi,

Rating threads is available in the Dibos as you have mentioned. This is about rating the posts or the replies...

BR
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

what do u want ..can i desselect