Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nokia NFC Unlock Service MIDlet now available for download.

When you purchase a Nokia 6131 NFC mobile phone, the phone’s secure element contains secret, chip specific keys for Card Manager authentication and management of the secure element as in GlobalPlatform 2.1.1. Nokia NFC Unlock Service MIDlet connects to a server and the connection is used to add a new set of authentication keys to keyset version 42 with the ENC, MAC and DEK keys having the value 404142434445464748494A4B4C4D4E4F.

Nokia NFC Unlock Service MIDlet unlocks the secure element permanently. After this operation the secure element on the device may no longer be considered secure by third party application issuers. Consequently, the device may no longer be used for installing and running third party services that require a secure and trusted connection between the service provider and the secure element, such as payment cards and transport applications.

BE AWARE: Unlocking of the secure element can not be undone once it has been performed.

Download through Forum Nokia

More information about Nokia NFC Unlock Service MIDlet, refer to Forum Nokia Wiki Page: Nokia 6131 NFC - FAQs

Re: Nokia NFC Unlock Service MIDlet now available for download.

I have downloaded the Midlet and followed the instructions given in the documentation, but I can not unlock my Nokia 6131 NFC phone.

The external Tag discovery is working fine, but when I try to use the Unlock Midlet I get the error message "Unlock process incompleted!" Source: "No Card Connection". Does anyone experience the same problem or does anyone know what I have to do to successfully unlock this phone.

Thx in advance

hi sebgie,

do you have a GPRS connection in your phone ?
    the unlock midlet have to connect to remote server to unlock your phone.

sunil

Hi!

Yes, I have a working GPRS connection which I have tried out via other midlets. In the meantime I have also updated the firmware since I thought maybe this is the cause for the failure.
    Is it possible that the secure element in this particular phone is not working, since the error indicates to me that the J2ME application cannot reach the chip? How can I find out if this is the case, and more important to me, can I return the phone to get a working one?

Thx

When I used Unlock midlet to unlock my Nokia6131 NFC,met a error of "Unlock process incompleted!" .
    The process of unlocking the Secure Element was not completed, Source:No Server connection.
    SE SERIAL:90066FF38217
    and, I set GPRS setting and access point.

Hi Sebgie

Your description indicates that there might be a problem with Unlock Service MIDlet installation. Make sure you have both JAD and JAR file in the same directory when installing via Nokia PC Suite.

To verify that also JAD file is installed properly do the following:

Menu -> Apps. -> Press "Options" for Unlock Midlet 1.0. Then press "Details". Under "Certificate" should now be "Yes"

Hi arip,

is that Unlock Service MIDlet only used to unlock Nokia 6131 NFC-SE Developer version?
    Can i unlock a Nokia 6131 NFC-normal version using it?

Thanks!

Hi arip!
    Thanks a lot you for the reply. It was a corrupted jad file which caused the phone to not let it access the secure element. I unzipped the Files a second time and everything worked smooth.
    Thanks again!
    sebgie

When I used Unlock midlet to unlock my Nokia6131 NFC, when start execution it connetx to the server bu later on, met an error of "Unlock process incompleted!" .
    The process of unlocking the Secure Element was not completed, Source:Unlock already executed for this phone.
    SE SERIAL:F0E8CBF23421

I have downloaded the zip file from Nokia web and installed in my nokia phone using PCSuite via USB. I have tried this in my Nokia starter kit, it could be because of that why is not working?

Hi,

I have the same problem as sebgie however I do not see a problem with the jad and jar file. They are both in the same folder. Unzipping the zipfile does not make any difference. Furthermore there is also a certificate present with the midlet.
    Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Hi,

This is the error message i get when i run the Midlet:

"
    The process of unlocking the Secure Element was not completed.
    Source: Mutual authentication with secure element has failed 3 times and service
    is denied to prevent secure element locking.
    SE Serial: XXXXX

"

What can i do to fix this problem?
    Thx in advance

hi natalia,

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia Aramayo View Post
    "Unlock process incompleted!" .
    The process of unlocking the Secure Element was not completed, Source:Unlock already executed for this phone.
    SE SERIAL:F0E8CBF23421
    the above message says that your phone unlocked already. you cant do it again.

hope this helps

Sunil

Hi,
    does this service works now?
    I've tried 3 Sim-cards from 3 operators, with 3 different internet-accounts (and I'd received the config-smses from the nokia-site), but I always get 'No Server Connection' error.

My own midlet can access my site without any problem though.

Also, for some reasons the unlock-midlet tries to establish the gprs connection twice (the 'G'-icon shows that) and the midlet displays the error during the second connection.

Regular Contributor

Hai, I have the same problem with bro sebgie.
    And I already check the certificate, it's say "YES".
    So where is the problem?
    Because I still get "No Card Connection" error.

regards,
    Oslario

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by djdirkj View Post
    Hi,

I have the same problem as sebgie however I do not see a problem with the jad and jar file. They are both in the same folder. Unzipping the zipfile does not make any difference. Furthermore there is also a certificate present with the midlet.
    Does anybody know what the problem could be?
    I think my problem is the same with djdirkj's.
    I have search the entire forum but give me no sulution, does anybody can help me?