Discussion Board

Impossible to connect on localhost without WLAN

I would like to access localhost via my phone browser (url: http://127.0.0.1/) on Raccoon without having an active WLAN connection.
    How to do? (Always ask for WLAN with localhost URL)
    - E65
    - raccon 0.11
    - S60 3rd
    I use PSP (Python) to get information about contacts, location etc... and I always want this information without WLAN

Thank You

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Impossible to connect on localhost without WLAN

Quote Originally Posted by zedev22 View Post
    I would like to access localhost via my phone browser (url: http://127.0.0.1/) on Raccoon without having an active WLAN connection.
    How to do? (Always ask for WLAN with localhost URL)
    - E65
    - raccon 0.11
    - S60 3rd
    I use PSP (Python) to get information about contacts, location etc... and I always want this information without WLAN
    Do you have a cellular Access Point you could use? No traffic will be transferred over the cellular network, so there shouldn't be any costs involved.

When accessing localhost, it shouldn't be necessary to use any cellular/WLAN access point at all, but unfortunately it currently seems that the browsers simply don't take the localhost alternative into account.

Johan

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Impossible to connect on localhost without WLAN

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn View Post
    Do you have a cellular Access Point you could use? No traffic will be transferred over the cellular network, so there shouldn't be any costs involved.

When accessing localhost, it shouldn't be necessary to use any cellular/WLAN access point at all, but unfortunately it currently seems that the browsers simply don't take the localhost alternative into account.

Johan
    Actually it's the Symbian networking that didn't have a correct rule for localhost. This is now fixed and the fix is being introduced in firmware updates to S60 3rd Edition, FP1 devices, starting from E90 and I hope others will follow (N95, N81, N82 etc.). Unfortunately for your device this fix cannot be made. But like Johan said you can use any IAP as a 'dummy' IAP, it won't actually be used.