Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Problems using the Remote Device Access

Hi,

I have problems using the RDA, I can schedule a test, log in, launch the testing application but then it tells me just before opening that my user/password are invalid, say what? I just logged in?

Any one having similar problems?

What can be wrong?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problems using the Remote Device Access

Answers are getting in slow during holiday season... sorry for that...

Still having problems? (at least I am, I was not able to connect to the server at all... The service might be down, it might take a while to get it up and running as the weekend is just starting...
    You used your Forum Nokia username and password and not FN PRO password, right?

Hartti

Regular Contributor

Actually yes, I used the forum password, I didn't know a different password existed?(Or just forgot?)

Where do I need to register(or retrieve) the password? Thanks

FN PRO, ? so it's a paid service?

Super Contributor

Just now I tried with first Logging in to Forum.Nokia.com and after that used the link http://apu.ndhub.net/webui/ to go to RDA and its working for me - It says am logged in.

I used my Forum Nokia username and password.

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Yes, yes that works for me too, it's when I actually try to use the service at my interval that it 'kick's' me out with a wrong user/password message.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The service was up and running throughout the holidays, just with very limited maintenance.

Have you been able to use the service before? If so, the first thing to try is to clean up your Java cache from Control Panel->Java->General->Temporary Internet files->Settings->Delete files.

The second thing to check is that there is no firewall that might be blocking (outgoing) traffic to RDA server.

Regular Contributor

Yes, I was trying before with the exact same result, no access.

I am not running any firewalls.

Do you also have proper version of Java runtime environment installed? Version 5.0 or newer is required. (the most recent one is version 6 update 3)

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281

Regular Contributor

Yes, I have 1.6.2

Are you connecting from behind a proxy server or directly? If there is animation when you launch the Java webstart client and it tries to establish connection to RDA server, then you are behind a proxy. In that case it might be good to also check the Java network settings from Control panel. Normally "use browser settings" should be selected, however in a 1-2 rare cases this has solved a similar problem:

From Firefox find networks settings tab (from Tools>Settings>...). If proxy server is used, then probably you can find link of the proxy configuration script from there (named for example proxy.pac). Copy this URL. Now go to control panel>Java>Network settings. Select "use proxy configuration script" and input the copied URL there.

This is obviously somehow related to settings/network setup at your side or the username/password, but it's a bit difficult to put finger on what might be the exact cause. RDA should work pretty much straight "out of the box" if proper version of JRE is installed and network connections to the server are ok.

Are you otherwise able to stay logged to forum.nokia.com? I checked the server logs and the only thing I can see from there is a few "authentication failed"-errors for your username... Also: have you tried logging from an another computer?

Regular Contributor

I wish it was like that, I have a direct connection, no proxies or anything. I upgraded java and it's still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    Are you otherwise able to stay logged to forum.nokia.com? I checked the server logs and the only thing I can see from there is a few "authentication failed"-errors for your username... Also: have you tried logging from an another computer?
    I encountered the same login failure problem on a particular machine today as well, one where I used to be able to connect in the past, and it went away after I updated the machine to J2SE 6 Update 3 (the latest). Befoer, I was using J2SE 5 Update 2.

So it doesn't seemt to be entirely isolated, but at least I was able to make it go away.

[btw: the problem on my other machine, where the RDA client terminally breaks all my network connections until the next reboot after 5-10 minutes of use still exists, even after updating Cisco VPN client that I had originally suspected as being the cause.]

Regular Contributor

I must be unlucky my score is 3 failures 0 successes

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Can this be some obscure Windows service or somesoftware other than a proxy or firewall?

I know I don't have proxies or firewalls.

Unfortunately I don't have Linux to test it with.

With the Windows networking anything can happen, and will.

Martin:

sorry for delay in reply, but I think we may have finally sorted out the problem. It turned out that the maximum lenght of allowed username for RDA/RPM login is 16 characters (yours is 18). The Forum Nokia CAS authentication (used in webUI) works with longer usernames so this is why you are able to login to webUI (reservation system) but not the devUI (the Java client).

So as a workaround, I would suggest you create a new shorter username to see if things work out.

If this indeed proves out to be the cause, I will be adding this same information also to the RDA wiki page. Unfortunately we can't increase the character limit due to restrictions in the used database engine.