Discussion Board

Angry N95-3 and WinXP WMP11 UPnP Problem

Hello Everyone,

Being this my first message in this forum, i hope i am not at the wrong place. My problem is that i am not able to establish a connection between my N95-3 and Windows Media Player 11 (WMP) running on Win XP Pro.

Let me first tell you about my home network setup. I have Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. Following are some of them important configuration details for my wireless router:

Code:
    SSID: WRT54GS
    Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
    MTU: Auto
    DHCP Server: Enable
    SSID Broadcast: Enable
    Security Mode: WPA Personal
    WPA Algorithms: TKIP
    WPA Shared Key: ****
    UPnP: Enable
    Next, in my N95-3 i created New Access Point (from Tools->Connection->Access points) for my home network connection using following details:

Code:
    Connection Name: Home
    Data bearer: Wireless LAN
    WLAN network name: WRT54GS
    Network status: Public
    WLAN network mode: Infrastructure
    WLAN security mode: WPA/WPA2
    WLAN security settings:
      WPA/WPA2: Pre-shared key
      Pre-shared key: ****
      WPA2 only mode: Off
    Homepage: http://mobile.google.com
    To verify this connection, I tested it using Web and it worked perfectly fine. Now i opened WMP and under Library i selected Media Sharing option and selected following options:

Code:
    Share my media: checked
    Settings:
      Media types: All
      Star ratings: All
      Parental ratings: All
      Allow new devices and computers automatically: Checked
    Next from my N95-3 i started Gallery->Home network to search for my PC, but it keeps on searching for a minute or two and then finally exits. Even my WMP doesn't show up any found devices under Media Sharing.

I have already made sure that the Media Sharing ports are allowed under Norton Internet Security 2007 program so i don't think it's because of port blocking. What else am i doing wrong here? Has anyone been successful in establishing UPnP with N95-3 and Windows Media Player?

Later i also tried sharing content using Simple Center Home Media Server (http://www.simplecenter.net) which not only identified my N95-3 but also sharing the content was pretty easy. But unfortunately this program doesn't allow streaming the content to N95-3 and instead it can only play the content on my PC and only work as remote control which i am not really interested in.

Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with my setup and why am i not able to find N95-3 under WMP? Do i need to install some plug-in or add-on on my WMP or N95-3?

My N95-3 Firmware details are:
    v11.2.009,
    28-09-07
    RM-160
    Nokia N95 (19.01)

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vasu

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: N95-3 and WinXP WMP11 UPnP Problem

Hi,

I think that you have came to the wrong place for this help. This discussion board is only for Developers support, not for Nokia products or end user application support.

There is a Nokia product support forum where you may get attention and solutions from others. That is at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/. If you post your question there you may get a better response.

I hope this helps,

Ron

Re: N95-3 and WinXP WMP11 UPnP Problem

Thanks Ron for pointing me to the right direction.

Regards,
    Vasu