Discussion Board

"Error generating key pair" / Can't make keys using Carbide.ui

Hi,
    I want to make a Warcraft III theme for my N73. I have Carbid.ui Theme Edition 3.2. My problem is, I can't make keys. When I press "Generate" I get this error:
    Code:
    Command: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.ui Theme Edition 3.2\Eclipse\plugins\com.nokia.tools.packaging_3.2.0\runtime\win32\makekeys.exe -cert -password 1234 -expdays 3650 -len 1024 -dname CN=Alican Çubukçuoğlu C=TR EM=alicancubukcuoglu@gmail.com C:\Documents and Settings\Shaman\Desktop\KEY\keyfile.key C:\Documents and Settings\Shaman\Desktop\KEY\cerfile.cer

Auto configuration failed
    2128:error:02001005:system library:fopen:Input/output error:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:104:fopen('C:\apache2triad\opssl\bin','rb')
    2128:error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:109:
    2128:error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib:.\crypto\conf\conf_def.c:199:
    I filled everything, but "Organization" and "Organization Unit" in "Make Keys" window. Maybe my "Apache2Triad" installation is breaking something.

I also tried "makekeys.exe" in another installation and got the same error:
    Code:
    C:\Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta\epoc32\tools>makekeys -cert -expdays 3650 -passw
    ord 1234 -len 2048 -dname "CN=Alican Ãubuk?uo­lu C=TR EM=alicancubukcuoglu@gmail
    .com" mykey.key mycert.cer

Auto configuration failed
    3384:error:02001005:system library:fopen:Input/output error:.\crypto\bio\bss_fil
    e.c:104:fopen('C:\apache2triad\opssl\bin','rb')
    3384:error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c
    :109:
    3384:error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib:.\crypto\co
    nf\conf_def.c:199:
    Thanks in advance,
    Alican

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: "Error generating key pair" / Can't make keys using Carbide.ui

You can try writing your family name with a simplified character set.

I tried that too. I also tried adding "O" and "OU".

Every time I try to "Make keys" using Carbide, I get the error message "Error generating key pair" and "** error acquiring context" come up!

I have spent ages making my theme, but I cannot create a .sis package because of the key generator issue!

My phone is a Nokia N95 8GB and I have tried using Carbide Theme Edition 3.2.1.0 and Carbide Theme Edition 3.3. Both applications give me the same problem, in that I cannot generate a key pair. I have tried searching the internet and reading all the help guides on Carbide, but nothing solves my problem.

Please...can any one help me?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway7 View Post
    Please...can any one help me? :confused
    Until you get confirmed(Known) solution you can try this: How to sign a .sis file with Self-Sign Cettificate
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Until you get confirmed(Known) solution you can try this: How to sign a .sis file with Self-Sign Cettificate
    Thanks for trying to help, but this did not solve my problem

I still get the error message "**Error acquiring context!" when I try to generate my key pair

Why don't you post this on the Carbide.ui forum? The problem is likely tool specific and I would not expect that symbian developers have much experience with the theme creation tool.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I have encountered the same problem with my carbide + S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1. The reason is that the file "makekeys.exe" in "\S60\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools" was corrupt. It could be eliminated to copy the file from somewhere, and replace the corrupt one.

Quote Originally Posted by deercrane View Post
    I have encountered the same problem with my carbide + S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1. The reason is that the file "makekeys.exe" in "\S60\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\tools" was corrupt. It could be eliminated to copy the file from somewhere, and replace the corrupt one.

Deercrane probably did not read the title of the thread.
    If you have problems with Carbide.ui, you should better follow Lucian's suggestion.
    Click back to "You Are Here: Home > Community > Discussion Boards" on the top, and visit "Themes/Carbide.ui" of "Themes and Mobile Design".