Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question Wiki Submission of articles like How to..

Wiki Submission of article is really into section like How to guide,Examples is really some time annoying , tedious cannot it be more simple as this discussion forum ...just post the new how to topic ..submit ..examples ...thks ..
    Regards
    Kamal :)
    ------------------
    You never expect what expects you.

Super Contributor

Re: Wiki Submission of articles like How to..

Hi Kamal!

Can you give us some more details on what's so annoying and tedious. We would love to know so that we can try to make things better and easier!

(you can also send a private message to me through my screen name on these discussion boards...)

best regards
    Hartti

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by kamaljaiswal View Post
    Wiki Submission of article is really into section like How to guide,Examples is really some time annoying , tedious cannot it be more simple as this discussion forum ...just post the new how to topic ..submit ..examples ...thks ..

This is a matter of different feasts for different beasts.

A Wiki artilce is normally one or more pages long while a discussion board is very short. So the interface on one is meant to be quick and simple to no inhibit the process while the other expects more forethought and multiple editing after the original post.

The new Wiki editor has made formatting a Wiki article easier. One thing I'm working on is more templates for How To and such so you can create a basic layout and only need to add your own data.

Let me know what we can do better.

Ron

hi..

i have always been contributing to how to examples of Symbian C++ ..but adding new articles to it was ..never easy ..frankly ....may be it's easy for other people ..but comparetively ...its very easy to reply a post ..or start a new thread in discussion forum .." just go click on the new thread or new reply ...and there u r ..just paste ur stuff ...now look to WIki ..i want to add new "How to" .. example ..how do i go abt it ...1: i go to edit ..there ..comes Oh..so many tags ..u mess with one of them ..save the pages u r lost ...similar thing happened to me ...." hey me nt a proff web programmer .." but just wanna share ,learn ..knowlege of Symbian ..thts it.. me just just wanna suggest .just make tht ..add articles stuff more easy ..." pls don't suggest me to look into the tutorials of tags " ...
    It really great to be part of all this
    Regards
    Kamal :)
    ------------------
    You never expect what expects you.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Wiki Submission of articles like How to..

Quote Originally Posted by kamaljaiswal View Post
    hi..

i have always been contributing to how to examples of Symbian C++ ..but adding new articles to it was ..never easy ..frankly ....may be it's easy for other people ..but comparetively ...its very easy to reply a post ..or start a new thread in discussion forum .." just go click on the new thread or new reply ...and there u r ..just paste ur stuff ...now look to WIki ..i want to add new "How to" .. example ..how do i go abt it ...1: i go to edit ..there ..comes Oh..so many tags ..u mess with one of them ..save the pages u r lost ...similar thing happened to me ...." hey me nt a proff web programmer .." but just wanna share ,learn ..knowlege of Symbian ..thts it.. me just just wanna suggest .just make tht ..add articles stuff more easy ..." pls don't suggest me to look into the tutorials of tags " ...
    It really great to be part of all this
    Wiki is made up all such things. So get habituated with it.
    Sometimes you may consider to edit particular paragraph only, instead of whole article, which may subsequently lessen your annoyance.

Kiran.