Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Welcome to Flash Lite Discussion

Welcome to Forum Nokia's discussion board for Adobe's Flash Lite technology.

This discussion area is for developer issues relating to Flash Lite on Nokia Devices. General Flash Lite queries should be redirected to other Forums.

Posts should concentrate on:

- Flash Lite on Nokia Hardware
    - Device Central issues concerning Nokia Device Emulation
    - Published FN documents or Device Specifications

A short list of generic Flash Lite forums:

-http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/
    -http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite/
    -http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Ron
    Last edited by sellis; 2008-01-03 at 11:39. Reason: adding links and boilerplate

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Welcome to Flash Lite Discussion

Ciao Ron,

thanks a lot, this is something that was needed for sometime!!
    Can we organize it with specific sections/sub forums?

For example by Flash Lite implementation:
    - standalone
    - wallpaper
    - screensaver
    - browser
    - Web RunTime integration
    - Flash Lite and devices

Just some ideas so that we start on the right track!!

Alessandro
    Last edited by biskero; 2008-01-02 at 23:44.

Good to see this happen! Thanks Nokia/Ron.

Hopefully we can help make it a great resources for Nokia developers unfamiliar with Flash as well as seasoned Flashers.

Cheers

Nick
    http://www.flashcell.com
    http://www.device54.com

Nokia Developer Expert

I think we can look at the issue of creating sub threads - for different Flash Lite subjects once we see how the board is being used. Nothing worse than creating areas that then stay empty.

I hope that we can grow this area of support - and the team at this end will be trying hard to respond all Nokia Specific, Flash Lite questions.

At last a dedicated forum for flashlite.... never knew it was here, but then again didnt log in here for a long time... all the very best to this goldmine!
    CHAOS' |nc.
    Nokia Symbian Theme Developer
    WWW.NOKIASYMBIANTHEMES.COM

Welcome aboard, I hope you can get some information and in turn help others with developing FlashLite for Nokia.

Ron

I'm tring to install de Flash Lite 2.1 in my Nokia N78, but it just does not work out. It gives me a message "Impossible to install: integrated component" or something like this.
    Does anyone know how to solve it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmaffei View Post
    I'm tring to install de Flash Lite 2.1 in my Nokia N78, but it just does not work out. It gives me a message "Impossible to install: integrated component" or something like this.
    Does anyone know how to solve it?
    Thanks

Your device probably does not support FL 2.1 or it needs a system update for it. Check the device page to see what is supported.

Ron

Hi everyone, I have been looking into creating a flashlite 2.0 application. It is suppose to be able to control your cars keyless entry system with addons for remote start and security features. Im very new to developing and would like to know is this even possible? and will i have to incorporate some phyton or something like that?....Is it possible to mimic low frequency and send it through the wireless adapter?

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Welcome to Flash Lite Discussion

able to control your cars keyless entry system with addons for remote start and security features. Im very new to developing and would like to know is this even possible?
    Sorry to say but it is not possible .Flash Lite deals more with the User Interface as compared to the Platform services.
    and will i have to incorporate some phyton or something like that?..Is it possible to mimic low frequency and send it through the wireless adapter?
    Even i m not able to find something relative to Wifi radio frequency in Python & Symbian C++ . But may be it is of any interest :
    RFID in JavaME
    According to my understanding , each keyless entry fobs emit a Radio Frequency with a distinct digital code which is programmed inside the keyless entry fob. If the digital code of ur keyless fob is not known to u then how u transmit a radio frequency equivalent to the one transmitted by ur fob.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Hi everyone, i'm a newcomer. I wonder if Flash Lite can be used to play online games such as mafia war on facebook. Your expert directions will be very helpful. Thank you.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Welcome to Flash Lite Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by elxotru View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm a newcomer. I wonder if Flash Lite can be used to play online games such as mafia war on facebook. Your expert directions will be very helpful. Thank you.
    Flash Lite 3.0 can play most of the Flash 8 games If Mafia Wars is developed in Flash 8 or lower then it may work with a phone having Flash Lite 3.0. You can simply check this out by browsing to mafia wars in phone browser.Moreover, this discussion board concentrates on Software Development related issue.If u have end-user questions, please visit :
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Best Regards.
    SajiSoft

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    Flash Lite 3.0 can play most of the Flash 8 games If Mafia Wars is developed in Flash 8 or lower then it may work with a phone having Flash Lite 3.0. You can simply check this out by browsing to mafia wars in phone browser.Moreover, this discussion board concentrates on Software Development related issue.If u have end-user questions, please visit :
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Best Regards.
    SajiSoft
    Thanks for your help and explanation. I'll check the link.

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    Sorry to say but it is not possible .Flash Lite deals more with the User Interface as compared to the Platform services.

Even i m not able to find something relative to Wifi radio frequency in Python & Symbian C++ . But may be it is of any interest :
    RFID in JavaME
    According to my understanding , each keyless entry fobs emit a Radio Frequency with a distinct digital code which is programmed inside the keyless entry fob. If the digital code of ur keyless fob is not known to u then how u transmit a radio frequency equivalent to the one transmitted by ur fob.
    With 100% certainity, the regular keyless entry keyfobs are not RFID based. Some highend cars have RFID technology in them, but for different purposes. So the RFID in J2ME won't help.

I have couple of questions:

If I make free flash-based game to Ovi, can I also publish it as wrt or does it have to be .sis ?

If the second flash program is not free and it is converted to .sis, how much does its symbian-signing costs ?

negative feedback for this messy site (>10 different sites). The documents only courage you to develope the app, but when it should be published there is a high wall up against...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast