Discussion Board

Download SWF directly to phone

Hi all,

I have this FL file http://www.olagr.com/tests/n60/comic2.swf
    I just installed FL2.1 on my 6680 and when I try to download the file, i get the message "Web: unknown file format! "
    My questions :
    1. Is this normal behavior?
    2. Phones that have FL preinstalled behave differently?
    3. How do you download a swf file over gprs?

thanks in advance,
    George.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Download swf directly to phone

"Web: unknown file format! " means that you do not have recognizer on the device that wouyld recognize the file format (note MIME recognizers usually recognize file content, not file name's extension).

yucca

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    "Web: unknown file format! " means that you do not have recognizer on the device that wouyld recognize the file format (note MIME recognizers usually recognize file content, not file name's extension).

yucca
    thanks,
    so whats the solution? how do i add to the phone the MIME recognizer? shouldn't it be available with the FlashLite 2.1 i installed?

Nokia Developer Moderator

propably it should be, in case the content is actually right format supported by the application.

Can you try downloading it to the phone and then use some third party filemanager to check if it is recognized at all.

yucca

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    propably it should be, in case the content is actually right format supported by the application.

Can you try downloading it to the phone and then use some third party filemanager to check if it is recognized at all.

yucca
    i sent the file to the phone via the usb cable, saved it in "other" folder and it is playing fine using the flash lite application installed if that is what you mean (the default file manager does not recognize it or automatically start up flash lite, only when I open the flash lite appi first).

could it be a version problem of the flash lite that i have installed? (downloaded it a few days ago from Adobe)

thanks,
    george.

could somebody please just put this url in his flash lite supporting mobile phone default browser, and tell me if he can download it?

http://www.olagr.com/tests/n60/comic2.swf

thank you,
    george

Super Contributor

works on N95 at least

Hartti

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    works on N95 at least

Hartti
    thanks for the reply.

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

the Flash Lite 2.1 player does not have the MIME recognizer. It does not install it. So the only way is to run the Flash Lite player first and then open the swf.

Also you are running on a 6680 which is not Flash Lite enabled.
    In the case you install the FL2.1 player on a flash Lite enabled phone such as S60 3rd Ed you still need to run the FL2.1 player and then open the swf.
    If you try to run the swf directly, the file will be open with the default Flash Lite player.

Alessandro

Smile Re: Download swf directly to phone

Quote Originally Posted by biskero View Post
    Ciao,

the Flash Lite 2.1 player does not have the MIME recognizer. It does not install it. So the only way is to run the Flash Lite player first and then open the swf.

Also you are running on a 6680 which is not Flash Lite enabled.
    In the case you install the FL2.1 player on a flash Lite enabled phone such as S60 3rd Ed you still need to run the FL2.1 player and then open the swf.
    If you try to run the swf directly, the file will be open with the default Flash Lite player.

Alessandro
    Thanks for making it all clear

Nokia N95 Streaming & Flash Lite

Hi Everyone,
    This very well is probably a Flash problem but i said id ask in here to see if anybody knows or have had similar trouble as im all out of ideas.
    I have a Nokia N95 in offline mode using a WiFi connection and im trying to play video on it through a Flash Lite application. Now if i use the geturl() command it works and opens the phones player and streams or downloads a video depending on protocol. But if i try use the sample_vid.play() command the video does not play within my Flash application, it just says General: System error followed by 0::decodeFailure. However it does work on a device manager emulator using a flash lite 2.1 phone and nokia N95 emulator and if i play the link using the phones native real player it will work. Has anyone any information about this error?
    Any help appreciated, Thanks

Mark