×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Question SIS file installation problem on N73

    Hi all,

    I have sis file and i want to install and test on N73.I am getting
    certificate error.
    Please any one give me some idea or suggestion, how I will install sis file on N73.
    Waiting for your valuable reply.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Smile Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    Hi all,

    I have sis file and i want to install and test on N73.I am getting
    certificate error.
    Please any one give me some idea or suggestion, how I will install sis file on N73.
    Waiting for your valuable reply.
    From S60 3rd edition onwards, you need to sign your .Sis file with Certificate. Certificate may be Self-Signed or Developer. It depends on the capabilities you have used in your application.

    See this blog by Antony: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/index.p...9XRUvNjw9gf-20

    Kiran.

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    155

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Hi use this code for certificate..

    makekeys -cert -password passwd -len 1024 -dname "CN=Kashif CO=IN" file.key file.cer

    Md.kashif

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Smile Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by mohd kashif View Post
    Hi use this code for certificate..

    makekeys -cert -password passwd -len 1024 -dname "CN=Kashif CO=IN" file.key file.cer

    Md.kashif
    This would work if his application requires user-grantable capabilities only.

    Anyways here are Wiki articles which may help you:

    * How to sign a .Sis file with Self-Sign Certificate

    * Developer certificate

    Kiran.

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Hi Kashif and Kiran,

    I am trying to create certificate key as you have told me.I am not getting my certificate key.I am getting message as given below.

    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Ram\Bluetooth\sis>
    C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Ram\Bluetooth\sis>makekeys -cert -password Cmax -len 1
    024 -dname "CN=Ram CO=IN" btkey.key btcert.cer
    Generating private key...
    Move the mouse within the window or press keys to generate random data
    ....
    I am getting same message for long time.I don't thik it will take
    that much time to create certificate key.

    please tell me what mistake i am doing .
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    ...
    Generating private key...
    Move the mouse within the window or press keys to generate random data
    ....
    I am getting same message for long time.I don't thik it will take
    that much time to create certificate key.

    please tell me what mistake i am doing .
    Bold and Blue part says what you should do.
    Also you may consider to read this Wiki article: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...gn_Certificate

    Kiran.

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Bold and Blue part says what you should do.
    Also you may consider to read this Wiki article: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...gn_Certificate

    Kiran.
    Hi kiran,

    I read that link How to sign a .Sis file with Self-Sign Certificate.

    There some extra option is given in makekeys command like email,Organization,country and etc.so all details is necessary to give.
    I don't understand the meaning of this.Please tell me what is the meaning of this line.
    Move the mouse within the window or press keys to generate random data.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Smile Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    Hi kiran,

    I read that link How to sign a .Sis file with Self-Sign Certificate.

    There some extra option is given in makekeys command like email,Organization,country and etc.so all details is necessary to give.
    I don't understand the meaning of this.Please tell me what is the meaning of this line.
    Move the mouse within the window or press keys to generate random data.
    As the names(i.e E-Mail, Organization etc..) suggest they are self-descriptive. As far as moving mouse and pressing key is concerned, again it is self-descriptive. Means when you see that screen, just move your mouse or press arbitrary characters on the screen.

    You can copy paste the lines given in the link.

    Kiran.

  9. #9
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    As the names(i.e E-Mail, Organization etc..) suggest they are self-descriptive. As far as moving mouse and pressing key is concerned, again it is self-descriptive. Means when you see that screen, just move your mouse or press arbitrary characters on the screen.

    You can copy paste the lines given in the link.

    Kiran.
    Hi kiran,

    I have self sign SIS file using given by your link.
    Now my problem is that when i want to install sis file on my N73 then I am getting error message as given here.
    Security warning: Application is untrusted and may be harmful to your phone.
    So I want to fix this error.
    Please help me so i can install and test my sis file on my device

    Waiting for your valuable response.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Smile Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    Hi kiran,

    I have self sign SIS file using given by your link.
    Now my problem is that when i want to install sis file on my N73 then I am getting error message as given here.
    Security warning: Application is untrusted and may be harmful to your phone.
    So I want to fix this error.
    Please help me so i can install and test my sis file on my device

    Waiting for your valuable response.
    Then you need to go for "Symbian Signed".
    More information can be found on www.symbiansigned.com

    Kiran.

  11. #11
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Then you need to go for "Symbian Signed".
    More information can be found on www.symbiansigned.com

    Kiran.
    Hi Kiran,

    I read document on www.symbiansigned.com.
    Please tell me one thing in s60 3rd edition self signed sis will work or not.

    Please if any one has face same kind problem then help in this problem.I am new in s60 3rd edition MR.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  12. #12
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    I read document on www.symbiansigned.com.
    Please tell me one thing in s60 3rd edition self signed sis will work or not.
    .
    it will provided that you can change the default settings of the Application manager to accept "All", instead of "signed only"

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    8,347

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    Hi Kiran,
    ....
    Please tell me one thing in s60 3rd edition self signed sis will work or not.
    ...
    Yes, it will work but it will show you the warning/message on installation as you mentioned in post#9.

    Kiran.

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,559

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Quote Originally Posted by RB_Sahu View Post
    Hi Kiran,

    I read document on www.symbiansigned.com.
    Please tell me one thing in s60 3rd edition self signed sis will work or not.

    Please if any one has face same kind problem then help in this problem.I am new in s60 3rd edition MR.
    Its not a problem. Its a warning. And its meant to alert the user. Since you know you have developed it, you know its not harmful. So brave your heart and go ahead and install it. your phone will be safe

  15. #15
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SIS file installation problem on N73

    Hi All,

    Thank you very much all of you for helping me and for your time.

    I have changed default settings of the Application manager in my phone.I have installed my sis file on N73.Now i am trying to test that application on my target device.
    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

Similar Threads

  1. Central repository installation problem
    By zdenko in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-09-21, 08:19
  2. Problem in making sis file
    By jobin.tech in forum Symbian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-06-16, 11:32
  3. Problem to make sis file give this error *** [GetIMSI.bas] Error 1
    By ankushbabrekar in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-03-01, 11:22
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-05-10, 12:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×