Discussion Board

Missing white space after #define AKN_EDITOR_EXTENSIONS

What could be going wrong; I am trying to build the BT samples with the Series 60 SDK out-of-box with no modifications at all, following the described build steps, and getting the fatal error described in the subject? The error happens on line 28 of uikon.rh

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,

Jouni

EDIT about 5 minutes later:

GCC seems to just not like the multi-line define as it is written in uikon.rh. Is this a case of a changed compiler version vs. header version? Should it be compiling before me having to fix it by hand?

Cheers again,

Jouni

I have this problem too.
    Have anybody decision?

Re: Missing white space after #define AKN_EDITOR_EXTENSIONS

i have symbian 9.1 but a similair problem (funny it seems that they just renamed the file to eikon.rh)

the reason is that the c preprocessor which is also used for resource preprocessing has a problem with multiline defines.

the easiest fix would be to patch the file and convert the multiline define to a one big line define..

i dug a bit deeper. The true reason is that the preprocessor seems to be compiled under a cygwin environment settet up for unix linefeeds. (=\n). under windows we have (\r\n). the "\" is a quote for the preprocessor which means take the next character and do not interprete it. unluckily there are two characters (the \r and the \n) and only the first one is interpreted.

so another fix would be to convert the file to a unix text file (e.g with dos2unix tool).