This is a followup to "Local URL symbian communication on N81? (Maybe Others)"
Okay, this is kind of long but that's because it includes all the relevant information (I hope!)
I have a program which is opening an embedded FL3 player and then the swf launched inside it is communicating with the symbian part of the program which is running a mini http server on port 80 using loadvariables, . This program is running fine on phones which include FL2.
Having read up on the FL3 security model, I have made the following changes to my application:
1. Changed the publishing type to Network Access Only
2. Set up my symbian to return a /crossdomain.xml file if requested as follws (C string from the code)
<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy\n SYSTEM \"http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd\">\n<cross-domain-policy>\n <allow-access-from domain=\"*\" />\n</cross-domain-policy>\n
The MIME type is set to text/xml when returning the crossdomain.xml file.
When the swf file attempts to access localhost/test.html with a loadvariables() call, the flash player makes a request for /crossdomain.xml, which is sent. However, after this it does not request the test.html file, and further calls to loadvariables do not result in any more requests for anything.
From this I'm assuming that either the crossdomain.xml file must not be as required, or I need to include some other change in my swf file that I'm not aware of.
The http server is one I have used successfully over quite a while with FL2, and had no problems, so I don't believe it has any strange bugs that can be causing the problem.