Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia 6610 starts to download Java App, then cuts out

I have just recently bought a Nokia 6610 specifically to test games on it. I have Jad and Jar files for the game on my web server, the phone finds the webpage and shows me details of the game (from the jad file), it then prompts me to download, it starts to download but then cuts out back to the browser for no reason.
    It gives no error message whatsoever and it's not in the Games or Application sections, the Jar file is only 14k and the Jad files details (jar size) are correct.

Has anyone else had this trouble ?
    Thanks.

RE: Nokia 6610 starts to download Java App, then cuts out

Yes, I've had the same problem. Not with the 6610, though, but with the 6310i. I tested downloading using the three Swedish GSM operators and it worked only with one of them. I also tested downloading the same MIDlet to the 7210, the 6610, the 3510i, the 7650, the 3650 and the 3410, and it worked just fine on all operators. It was just the 6310i that had trouble downloading the MIDlet, and only from two of the operators.

Rasmus
    Daytona

I had the same problem with my 6310i. Updating the firmware on the phone solved the problem.

Regular Contributor

I solved my problem. When it was downloading the jar file my nokia's screen light would go off, so I was pressing a key to get it back on. About 5 seconds later the download would abort (with no message), seems a bit silly that it would abort cos of a keypress, but there you go.

Thanks for your replies, I hope someone can help with your problems.