Discussion Board

Thread: Cached webpages

Cached webpages

Thanks in advance for your ideas. I have software that is a hypertext. Its basically a book made of linked html pages contained in a folder with jpeg images. I intend to load it on my N82 and browse it from the top level index. Unfortunately, the gallery application finds the jpeg images and adds them to its list of stored photos resulting in over 6000 photos in the gallery. What directory can I put these files such that I can find them with the file manager, but the gallery application will not add them to the list of photos? I have tried different directories with no success.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Cached webpages

maybe you could try /system/ folder.

Or simply set teh TEntry attributes in a way that the folder containing your files becomes invisible.

Hello,
    I will try the system folder.

I am not totally sure of you message because of the typo(?) "teh TEntry". However, I did try putting the folder into a folder that was only visible when I browsed the memory card via a usb connection to my desktop computer. I could never "see" or find the folder of interest from the phone side since it was in an invisible folder! Is there a way to browse invisible folders?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Nokia Developer Expert

So do you want to hide the folder ?
    Or show it ?

At least originally you were asking about hiding, which you can do also in Memory card by setting the TEntry (check SDK docs for more information of the TEntry) in a way that it is not seen normally.

Hello, I am having no success in finding a way to keep the Gallery application from finding the jpeg files. It seems that it scans every visible folder and catalogues all image files. Also, I do not know how to see any indivisible file folder using the file manager. So, hiding jpegs in an invisible folder also hides them from me!

I have searched online and found an entry describing TEntry. It does not seem to be a user accessible feature. I am not finding any file browser that works better than the file manager(on the phone). Is there one?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert

I quess you haven't tried the one I have made... You could get the lastes version directly from the MOSH: http://mosh.nokia.com/collection/32A...40050AEE042936