Discussion Board

RConnection::Start() returns -4 (KErrNoMemory) on E61 after 500 times

Hi guys,

I ran into an issue with RConnection::Start(), and am wondering if anybody has a similar experience or hopefully a solution.

I am using RConnection for internet connection, and E61 framework returns persistent -4 (KErrNoMemory) errors to RConnection::Start() after about 500 times. I tested with other phones, and E61i, E50 and 6120 classic also showed a limit thought limit is higher up to 3000 depending on the model, but they did show the limit. Once in this situation, no internet connection is possible any more until rebooting phone while all other applications and built-in functions work fine except the functions related to internet. My test application doesn't show any memory issues. The E61 under heavy test is "RM-89, 3.0633.09.04, 20-11-06", and I am using S60 SDK 3rd MR.

I also tried to check in combination with built-in web browser. The total number of connections (number of connections tried using built-in web browser, 0~40 and number of connections tried by my test program, 500~460) stayed about 500. This indicates that the problem might be in the framework.

I already went through fair amount of tweaks, tries and googling to isolate the problem to RConnection::Start() and trying to find a workaround.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Steve

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RConnection::Start() returns -4 (KErrNoMemory) on E61 after 500 times

It has been discussed a couple days ago, however here is the conclusion: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...cation_failure

Re: RConnection::Start() returns -4 (KErrNoMemory) on E61 after 500 times

Thanks, wizard_hu_.

It helps at least to know that it's a known problem.

Steve