Discussion Board

Question How to create a Browser Plugin for S60 2 Ed Phones

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any example for 2nd edition phones like NPBitmap for 3rd Edition ones. I did not find any example for browser plugin in Second edition.

I found out that the TARGETTYPE is PLUGIN in 3rd Edition and where as in second edition it is ECOMIIC. Is there any difference between the two? Does all Second edition phones support Browser Plugins or Only from FP3 onwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to create a Browser Plugin for S60 2 Ed Phones

Quote Originally Posted by kamalakshan View Post
    I found out that the TARGETTYPE is PLUGIN in 3rd Edition and where as in second edition it is ECOMIIC. Is there any difference between the two?
    If you search for ECOMIIC in a 3rd edition SDK Help, you will see that this is only a 2nd-3rd edition change.
    Does all Second edition phones support Browser Plugins or Only from FP3 onwards.
    I do not know anything about browser plugins, but checking the SDK Help, it says (for example about MPluginAdapter)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDK Help
    MPluginAdapter Class Reference
    Published in S60 2nd Ed FP 2
    So you can try backporting the example to a 2nd ed. FP2/FP3 SDK/device.

Re: How to create a Browser Plugin for S60 2 Ed Phones

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    If you search for ECOMIIC in a 3rd edition SDK Help, you will see that this is only a 2nd-3rd edition change.I do not know anything about browser plugins, but checking the SDK Help, it says (for example about MPluginAdapter)So you can try backporting the example to a 2nd ed. FP2/FP3 SDK/device.

Hi,

Thank you wizard_hu. I am currently trying to backport the plugin example for Second Edition FP3 SDK. However, I wanted to know if there are any templates available for the same in second edition.

I am stuck in creating an entry point for the Plugin in Second Edition. Since it seems to be different from normal DLL (does not use the E32Dll entry point in third edition).

So was wondering how the plugin gets loaded in second edition. I think in the third edition browser checks the plugins folder and loads the plugin depending upon the MIME type registered.

So what would be the changes I would have to make to the NPBitmap example? Any pointers?

Thank you