×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4

    Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Hi!
    I' am trying to read electronic passsports but I dont have any answer from 6131 NFC. Maybe 6131 cant power the chip of the passport. Have anyone tryed?
    Bye

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Hi matrix73,

    maybe you could provide more information about how you are trying to read the passport. Are you reading it with the tag-detection mode of the mobile or from within the midlet. Do the passports operate in the 13.56 MHz frequency?

    Greetz DJ

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    It could also be that your passport complies to the ISO14443 type B standard with which the hardware in the Nokia 6131 is not compliant.

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by djdirkj View Post
    It could also be that your passport complies to the ISO14443 type B standard with which the hardware in the Nokia 6131 is not compliant.
    Isn't it so that only the type B-emulation mode is not compliant? The phone should be able to read/write any ISO14443 tag

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Hi.
    You are wrong, Nokia 6131 nfc can read 14443-b RFID. You can try by TergetDetector.jar .
    Electronic Passports are compliant with ICAO 9303 so the radio protocol is 14443. Please, anybody has tryed to read your own passport? I can read it by ACG reader oem module using 14443 communication. It would be very interesting develope an application reading electronic passport.
    Bye.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix73 View Post
    Hi.
    You are wrong, Nokia 6131 nfc can read 14443-b RFID. You can try by TergetDetector.jar .
    Electronic Passports are compliant with ICAO 9303 so the radio protocol is 14443. Please, anybody has tryed to read your own passport? I can read it by ACG reader oem module using 14443 communication. It would be very interesting develope an application reading electronic passport.
    Bye.
    Hi,
    according to my information the Nokia 6131 contains a NXP PN511 or PN531 which is only capable of detecting ISO14443A/Mifare or Felica. Where did you get this information, did you test or did you you read the technical specs which only says something about ISO 14443? Or do you have one with the inside chip? And where can I find the TargetDetector.jar?
    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by djdirkj View Post
    Hi,
    according to my information the Nokia 6131 contains a NXP PN511 or PN531 which is only capable of detecting ISO14443A/Mifare or Felica. Where did you get this information, did you test or did you you read the technical specs which only says something about ISO 14443? Or do you have one with the inside chip? And where can I find the TargetDetector.jar?
    Thanks.
    You seem to be right, Nokia 6131 NFC uses a NXP PN511 http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/...s_linecard.pdf with no ISO 14443B support
    In that case it does not support ISO14443-4 and is not an NFC-enabled device

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Now I am sure that my passport use a 14443-A rfid. I think is a question of power, I note using oscilloscope that the amplittude of the field of the nokia 6131 is much smaller than ACG reader.....I am sad.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Hi djdirkj,
    using the program targetDetector.jar (provided by a friend) my nokia 6131 can read a 14443-B rfid, I am sure of this because I can read it by another reader if only it is in 14443-B mode.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by alixwarnke View Post
    You seem to be right, Nokia 6131 NFC uses a NXP PN511 http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/...s_linecard.pdf with no ISO 14443B support
    In that case it does not support ISO14443-4 and is not an NFC-enabled device
    Part 4 of the ISO 14443 defines the half duplex block transmission protocol for both type A and B

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix73 View Post
    Now I am sure that my passport use a 14443-A rfid. I think is a question of power, I note using oscilloscope that the amplittude of the field of the nokia 6131 is much smaller than ACG reader.....I am sad.
    That is quite logical, if the Nokia were using more power for the reader/writer module it could be that the battery needs to be recharged every day. And end-users don't want that.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix73 View Post
    Hi djdirkj,
    using the program targetDetector.jar (provided by a friend) my nokia 6131 can read a 14443-B rfid, I am sure of this because I can read it by another reader if only it is in 14443-B mode.
    Hi,

    that is very interesting! Were you able to do some kind of communication from within a midlet with the passport? And what was in 14443-B mode, the mobile or the reader?
    thanks!
    Last edited by djdirkj; 2008-01-30 at 12:02.

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    -deleted message-
    Last edited by alixwarnke; 2008-04-13 at 22:44.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    Hi!
    Does anybody know where I can find TargetDetector.jar ?
    Thanks

  15. #15
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173

    Re: Nokia 6131 NFC reading Electronic Passport

    This still bugs me...
    In the specs it clearly says that ISO-14443B is not supported in neither target mode nor emulation mode by the transceiver.
    NFC Forum requires that an NFC Forum device must be able to read all NFC Forum tags - And NFC Forum tag type 4 is either ISO-14443A (fine) OR ISO-14443B(Not supported!).
    Last edited by alixwarnke; 2008-04-15 at 21:18.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×