Discussion Board

TrustCenter PublisherID private key password

I cannot Open Sign my application because I am unsure what the TrustCenter PublisherID "private key file password" is (required for DevCertRequest step 2). The devcert request fails upload to SymbianSigned.

Can someone tell me at what stage of the purchase process this is entered? This may sound stupid but my PublisherID was purchased by a corporate purchasing department and they deny any knowledge.

thanks

john

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: TrustCenter PublisherID private key password

Hello John,
    Quote Originally Posted by jptidmus View Post
    I cannot Open Sign my application because I am unsure what the TrustCenter PublisherID "private key file password" is (required for DevCertRequest step 2). The devcert request fails upload to SymbianSigned.

Can someone tell me at what stage of the purchase process this is entered? This may sound stupid but my PublisherID was purchased by a corporate purchasing department and they deny any knowledge.

thanks

john
    Check this link:
    http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...D=61865&#61865

I hope this will help you at some extent.

Kiran.

Re: TrustCenter PublisherID private key password

Thanks Kiran

I have read this thread and am following the process. However, Symbian tech support claim there are 2 passwords:

1. the certificate password created during PublisherID purchase
    2. the password entered during PKCS12 export from the internet browser

These must both be used during the tcp12p8 and DevCertRequest process. I still do not know where password 1 came from and wanted someone who had gone through the open signing with TCT to describe where this password is entered.

john

Quote Originally Posted by jptidmus View Post

thanks

john
    Hi,

you have to export the key form Internet Explorer/tools/internet options/content/certificates.

Then you will have two files, the files that you need
    when using DevCertRequest.

Adriana.

Thanks Adriana

But I have done this already - the process is:

1. Exported the key+cert from Internet explorer to PKCS#12 PFX file with a password (the "export password")
    2. Used the tcp12p8 utility to convert the PFX to an X509 cert and PKCS#8 key using the export password
    3. Used DevCertRequest v2.1.1 to create the PKCS#10 certificate request CSR from the X509 and PKCS#8 files
    4. Uploaded the CSR to symbiansigned.com where it fails and Symbian claim that the password used in DevCertRequest is the "private key password from the publisher id" and not the export password entered when creating the PFX from Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately I did not enter any password during purchase of the publisher id - so am confused where this came from. Note that entering "No Password" in DevCertRequest also fails.

john