Discussion Board

RE: 6310i Bluetooth Connection to PC Running XP Pro

Unfortunately many XP users have the same problems. Nokia can only give advice such as, "Is the PC and the phone turned on". Typical but it is true Nokia never respond and solve the issues of their failure.

We are all in the same boat

6310i Bluetooth Connection to PC Running XP Pro

Hello All

Can someone help

I have

PC Running XP Pro
    3 Com Bluetooth Card
    PC Suite 4.81
    Nokia Connection Manager

Everything is installed and checks out ok. The 3 Com bluetooth manager can see my 6310i, in fact I can access the Internet no problem provided that the 3 Com connection manager handles the call.

My problem -

PC SUITE and Nokia Connection Manager Does Not See the 6310i

Why?

It seems to be a common problem does anyone have an answer please, even Nokia?

Because, for only the gods know what reason, Nokia has chosen to support only Digianswer-based Bluetooth solutions in the PC Suite. Don't ask how you are supposed to know that. Apparently they want you to purchase a dongle and be disappointed with the result. Call the support line and complain. Perhaps if they get enough angry customers, they will change the software.

In the mean time, I've been trying to hunt down a list of devices built on the Digianswer platform. Nokia will not give you a list. They will tell you nothing supports it, or that only the Socket CF card does, but that is not true. I understand the IBM and Toshiba Bluetooth Cards work. I have not yet found a USB Dongle device that does.

Does anyone else know?

Hi

I have also read on this forum that PC Suite does not run on XP, albeit for the 7650.

i have Nokia 6310i and Toshiba Sat. 5100-603 bluetooth dosnt work with pc suit.