Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to use FetchLinkL in MSmlDmCallback ??

Hi,
    I am trying to create a SIP profile using smladapter in Symbian9 S60.
    For this setting there is one uri we need to update for default access point. When I am updating the same( SIP/SIP0.../PrefConRef) I am getting the call back to FetchLinkL with aURI=AP and aStatus=Default. After that SetStatusL with aErrorCode=EInvalidObject is called back.
    I am not getting the way how to handle this. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Regards,
    - Raj -

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to use FetchLinkL in MSmlDmCallback ??

I would quess that the DM oplug-in is asking you to go and fetch the defualt accesspoint from the AP plug-in..

Regular Contributor

Ok Jukka,So, as I am getting aUri as "AP" in FetchLinkL function, thus it means that I need to create another adpter object, with AP's DM UID and then fetch the data from it?

One more doubt is what is the need there for fetching data from some where, while I want to just update the data of a particular leaf?
    Last edited by lal.rajan; 2008-02-06 at 09:24.
    - Raj -

good question, basically I didn't study that particular functionality fully, but as far as I understand it is used to fetch data from other plug-ins, when the plug-in is requested for a information that is actually stored under other plug-in.

Regular Contributor

Having same problem? Have you solved it ?

Any other solution?

Thanks

Basically I did not inmplement them for full, cause I did not have time, and thought that maybe somebody else could do it and update the exmaples. Basically as far as I understand it, you would need to construct another instance of the DM plug-in which with you get the default accesspoint.

Some values are basically shared, and only saved by one DM plug-in and others that are using these values will ask it from the one that actually stores it.