Discussion Board

XML Parser in C++

Hi All

I am trying to use a XML parser written in C++. The parser runs perfectly on all systems except the Symbian environment. The reason being that the parser works with const char* for all its functionalities. I need to find out if there is a way that we could convert the const char* into Symbian datatypes for further processing or does Nokia provide a XML parser in C++ for the Series60 platform.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Mrinal Malhotra

Re: XML Parser in C++

hi Mrinal Malhotra,

iam working on openC xml parsing ,can you please share your xml parser in C++ code with me, so that i can build open c xml parser in symbian s60

Regular Contributor

char * used the same as in Symbian as ansi-C.
    I cannot find why to convert
    Good Good Study Day Day UP

Nokia Developer Moderator

Personally I would doubt that Mrinal Malhotra used OpenC/C++, since it did not exist in 2002...
    Nowadays there are built-in XML parsers in the S60 Platform. Xml::CParser comes from Symbian OS, XML Extensions API comes from S60. By the way, have you considered searching for xml in the SDK Help? And you may also get some ideas if you search for XML parser in the Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinal_malhotra View Post
    Hi All

I am trying to use a XML parser written in C++. The parser runs perfectly on all systems except the Symbian environment. The reason being that the parser works with const char* for all its functionalities. I need to find out if there is a way that we could convert the const char* into Symbian datatypes for further processing or does Nokia provide a XML parser in C++ for the Series60 platform.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Mrinal Malhotra
    Open Source code TinyXML.
    TurboC
    珍惜每一次机会