Discussion Board

Question N95 : Installation error on inserting the memory card after resetting the phone

Hi,

My application gives error during installation from memory card after resetting the phone. The steps followed are below.

1. Install the app on the Memory Card.
    2. Remove memory Card
    3. Hard reset the device
    4. Re-insert the Memory card
    5. Installing process begins
    6. After the installation process finish
    7. goto Applications Manager

Result:
    "Unable to complete the Installation from the memory card. To install remaining applications go to app. Manager". Then the application cannot be installed "File corrupted!" message appears.

Please let me know if anyone has encountered this issue. Interestingly this issue i can see only with N95 but not with N73 on which my application behaves correctly.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N95 : Installation error on inserting the memory card after resetting the phone

Interesting ... sounds a bit like http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=126252 but not entirely.

Well, without analyzing the sis files there's not much I can say about the issue.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Montbonnot Saint Martin (near Grenoble) [France]

Re: N95 : Installation error on inserting the memory card after resetting the phone

Hi,

This issue occured when we tested an application, but the application was only targetting a Nokia N95 then we have not tried on another device. However, since this issue seems occuring only on N95, we have submitted the issue to Nokia Testing and here is their answer: "We are investigating the installation error in N95 and it seems like this is a device specific issue. I'll let you know when we know more about it."

Then I'll let you know when we have an answer from Nokia Testing about this.

Best regards,
    Antoine POULAT from Sogeti.

I have had the same problem for about a month...
    I finally decided to reset the phone and format the memorycard.
    Then it disappeared...

Until...

I installed a custom theme I made using Carbide.ui 3.2
    When I uninstalled it the problem stopped again.
    Seems like there is a problem with some theme stuff at least.
    I DID make the theme for 3rd FP1.
    It is a BIG theme though... about 3.5Mb installed.

Back to the point... I just removed my theme again and all problems are gone. I tested other smaller themes from the net and had no problems there. So it seems like my theme triggers something.

Hope this information can be used to narrow down where the problem is.

Angeltheme.zip
    Last edited by DKSnowman; 2008-11-02 at 11:34. Reason: Added a link to my theme .sis file if someone can/will analyze it.