Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: [Request] - Swf App - Dial Keypad

I was reading this topic and I have a question... (maybe a stupid question...)

"someone knows some swf file that allow to dial without open the N95 Slide???"

I think N95 slide has not touch screen (I have one and I can hit the glass, but nothing happens.. )... so "dial without open the N95 Slide" must be impossible. Is there N95 model with touch screen?

Marcos

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: [Request] - Swf App - Dial Keypad

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I was reading this topic and I have a question... (maybe a stupid question...)

"someone knows some swf file that allow to dial without open the N95 Slide???"

I think N95 slide has not touch screen (I have one and I can hit the glass, but nothing happens.. )... so "dial without open the N95 Slide" must be impossible. Is there N95 model with touch screen?

Marcos
    Firstly , I didnt ever see a Nokia N95 touch screen . But its possible to dial a number even slide is closed by using directional keys and center key . >you can eaily write a software in flash lite to do so..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: [Request] - Swf App - Dial Keypad

So I'm stupid, with the arrive of 5800 I have "touchmania"... ugur said the same as you before...

"It could cost you couple of times more keypresses"

I have to improve my reading skills... XD.

But on the other hand, some considerations: if you want to dial without open the slide you need your application run always on top, this way when you unlock the device you can start dialing the number (Other way you need to start the app first and then start dialing the number, more complex situation...)

To get flash lite always on top you could think about using wallpaper mode, but it doesn't support user input actions (you can not listen to key events in wallpapers and screensavers). It's simple to develop a flash lite standalone app that dial a number, but I think is not the context that tasty_boy was thinking about... (If you can see your device screen (in order to start your flash lite application), and press keys to dial, what might be the reason for not being able to open the slide??? XD)

Anyway... funny topic