Discussion Board

Hybrid View

NOKIA SUPL Server

Dear all,

In the framwork of two Italian research projects called NICE (www.navsas.ismb/nice) and GAL-PMI (www.progettogalpmi.it) my research group has developed an embedded hardware platform for navigation/communication. We have also developed a complete OMA-SUPL stack with ASN1-PER encoding in pure ANSI C. Such a stack is embedded on our NavCOM platform. We have tested our product using the Telecom Italia server but we would like to test it also using the Nokia servers (e.g supl.nokia.com) maybe the same that are used for the N95 mobiles. Are there someone that could provide me more information about that? I hope this is the right place for this question in your forum. If not please suggest me the right one. My problem is the server access...Is there an additional security layer that we need to implement? Is it the server usable just from Nokia devices?

If you need for more details about our solution please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Eng. Fabrizio Dominici

Re: NOKIA SUPL Server

Hi Fabrizio Dominici,

I wants to access supl.nokia.com through my computer via internet. Hope it is fesiable.

I have tried with ping command.
    ping supl.nokia.com
    it is able to get reply from the nokia supl server.

Now i want to test what response it provides. To do so i want to know What type of the connection required TCP or HTTP or something else.

I want to write a sample 'C' code that interact with supl.nokia.com and fetch response.

It is required to prepare a SUPL init message and do a PER encoding and then only server will able to response it? Will the message has to send via HTTP POST?

Please give me yourcomments/suggestions in this issues so that i can proceed.

Regards,
    Arun.

Re: NOKIA SUPL Server

Hi Fabrizio Dominici,

i am working currently on my bachelor thesis, which has the topic a-gps. would it be possible that you provide me the source code of your suppl-stack?

thanks in advance,

lukas bischof