Discussion Board

Add mass advanced detail for contacts database

I'm thinking of a code that would add a special dialing code in my phone operator that executes a special service of this operator.
    For example, assuming the code *2*CONTACT NUMBER# would perform special operator service.

Now how can I add a special detail in contacts list for whole contact database where this detail would be: *2*CONTACT NUMBER# and automatically retrieve CONTACT NUMBER of matching mobile phone number (considering omittion of non-mobile numbers)?

Is it permittable also to create a special icon for this advanced detail?
    Last edited by Native-Patriot; 2008-02-11 at 10:54.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Add mass advanced detail for contacts database

Contact manipulation is well documented in the SDK, go have a read. Example applications are also available.

As for designing an icon who can stop you. All you need is a gifted graphic designer. Setting the icon to the field might be a different issue altogether.

P.S. Please drop the huge fonts, it makes the post annoying.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for the fast reply. Actually I'm new to the Symbian Development as I used to perform Windows Development and I used to use Microsoft Visual Studio for development. I wonder whether Symbian Development would allow me to see realtime design components during development or I'll have to write whole piece of code display the output after compiling?

Another question: If I want to create a program for several S60 versions: S60 v.2, S60 v.3 ... etc, Will I need to completely rewrite the code or just use some switch statements?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Native-Patriot View Post
    I wonder whether Symbian Development would allow me to see realtime design components during development or I'll have to write whole piece of code display the output after compiling?
    The latter. Symbian C++ is not managed code.
    Another question: If I want to create a program for several S60 versions: S60 v.2, S60 v.3 ... etc, Will I need to completely rewrite the code or just use some switch statements?
    You can manage a common codebase with some #ifdef-s.