Discussion Board

DTL-4 card and 6310

I have the original Nokia DTL-4 PC Card and 6310 trying to get BT to work with both syncronisation and dial-up-networking. Comes from using IrDa, which has been near-perfect.

Laptop is HP Omnibook 6000/Win2000. SW is the Digianswer v.1.09 Connection Manager. 6310 firmware is 4.10.

Through numerous installs/un-installs/re-installs and reboot of both devices I have only succeded once to get DUN connection to activate with one succesful logon to my ISP. Most of the time the Connection Manager is "unable to intialize DUN" even through the pairing has been carried out succesfully.

Also the 6310 Modem Software install has been unable to find the phone under detection phase (apart from one instance).

When pairing between laptop and phone is active, PC Sync works fine.

There no help to get on Digianswers site, which seem inactive since last year with many broken links.

All in all a dissapointing experience and Ive hit a brick wall when trying to get support through local dealer and Nokia here in Denmark.

Has anyone else tried to use the DTL-4 and 6310 yet, are there any other Connection Manager software than the Digianswer (which seems unfinished somehow)...?

RE: DTL-4 card and 6310

Hi there
    The only think I can think of is your version of digianswer (1.09). They state that this version is not for Nokia people - so try to revert to 1.07 or 1.08.

Nick

I have had my 6310 firmare upgrade (4.10 to 4.20) and it improved BT connection stability but still failed to install Nokia Modem (under Win2000 setup)

I thenupgraded my OS on the laptop to a fresh install of WinXP. This helped a lot, and I now have stable DUN and PC Sync running (though not at the same time. Starting PC Suite breaks the DUN connection to the phone and then opens a new connection for sync)

I guess that one of the reasons to my original problem was that I had been using IrDa before, and even though I did a removal before installing new Nokia SW there must have been some registry stuff still there, which interfered.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Please use the Bluetooth Software Suite that was delivered on a CD-ROM in the DTL-4 sales package. That version has been tested to work with the Nokia 6310. Other versions of the SWS may not fully work with the Nokia 6310.

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

I have had similar problems, and I think the Bluetooth in the phone is not very stable :-(. Booting the phone usually helps. The problem is not only with the DTL-4 but also when connecting the phone to other Bluetooth devices including a 3com Bluetooth PC Card and my Sony camcorder with Bluetooth.

I have firmware version 4.20.