Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Sinus and Cosinus

Hi,
    I need to use some sinus, cosinus and acos calculations, but at the moment it seems those are not supplied with the standard MIDP 2.0...
    I have found some old posts (2002) trying to circumvent the problem there was no floating point support, well that changed so what are the actual options if a developer wants to use the aforementioned mathematical functionalities ?
    Any ideas, hints, code or libraries ?
    Thanks in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Sinus and Cosinus

Cos and sin are part of MIDP/CLDC combo starting from CLDC 1.1 MIDP 2.0 combination (check java.lang.Math).
    I have a vague recollection that acos is available through some 3rd party packages, you chouls be able to find that through google or you could also create that function yourself (my math skills are diminished greately due to lack of exercise so someone else has to tell the method to calculate that...)

Hartti

Super Contributor

thx for the reply...
    I already solved it :P
    As u mention there is the Math class (which wasnt that easy to find documentation about) and for the acos I made my own method as with a degrees to radians (and opposite) implementation...

Super Contributor

For future reference, the best place for finding the documentation for the available methods is the downloaded SDK..

Hartti