Discussion Board

Question Help: ReadUserData capability not enough for calendar search on Nokia N95 ?

Hi,

I'm working on a program that searches calendar entries. It uses 'CCalInstanceView.FindInstanceL' method to do the search and is given the 'ReadUserData' capability as required in the Symbian documentation. The program works on my Nokia E61, but it fails on my Nokia N95 and reports 'Unable to execute file for security reasons' when executing the 'CCalInstanceView.FindInstanceL' method.

I updated the N95 firmware, but the problem sustains.

Anybody ever met this problem? Any thing wrong with the Nokia N95?

The tools I use are S60 3rd Ed FP1 SDK and carbide.c++ 1.2.

Thanks

Ben

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Help: ReadUserData capability not enough for calendar search on Nokia N95 ?

if you think that it is caused by lack of capabilities, you could always try adding all you have and check if it works then, and then you could try romoving them one-by-one untill you have the smallest set of capabilities that it still works with.

Yes, I'm trying to do that. But I think it's really strange.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Does the emulator dump any PlatSec problems in epocwind.out?

Thanks, Itomuta.

The emulator reports 'WriteUserData' capability needed.
    I added the capability and the program works on N95.

Regular Contributor

Sounds strange,
    if it's not documented please post it as a bug to Bug Reporting channel, you can access it from http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/tech...ort/index.html

Jack