Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Expert

Question Developer Certificate request &

Dev Cert request does't work:
    New Open Signed Developer Certificate request

The Developer Certificate creation outage has been resolved and the service is ready to been re-enabled. The current demand for Developer Certificates is extremely high (tens of thousands of requests) and has the potential to cause significant site slowdown.
    Whilst there remains heavy demand, impacting commercial users for paid Services; Express Signed, Certified Signed, Developer Certificates will be available intermittently until the load is balanced.
    On the main page:

MESSAGE FOR DEVELOPERS

- Developer Certificates will be ENABLED for users who have a Publisher ID ONLY. (during GMT office hours)
    - ONLY If you used a Publisher ID to create a .csr file with the DevCertCreate tool will you be able to use Open Signed Offline to create a Developer Certificate.
    - Developer Certificates are currently DISABLED for users without a Publisher ID. Users who DO NOT have a Publisher ID CANNOT request Developer Certificates or use Open Signed Offline.
    I have Publisher ID. I made csr. But I don't know how to submit it? Please advice, what is Open Signed Offline? Should I mail it somethere?

Super Contributor

Re: Developer Certificate request &

I have the same problem.
    I think the service is offline during non-GMT office hours. Let's just wait for a couple of hours until GMT office hourse and try again.
    Antony Pranata
    http://www.antonypranata.com/
    http://www.s60tips.com/

Nokia Developer Expert

got answer:
    Hi,
    Apologies for the delay in enabling the service. We anticipate it will be available for users with a Publisher ID within the hour.
    Rod (Symbian Ltd.)
    So just wait some more..

BTW, do you see funny version change list in DevCertRequest 2.1.1 release notes? QUOTE:

Version 2.3 KM
    -----------

Release date: 05/12/2007
    Target: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
    Changelist : 147756
    Known issues: None.
    Changes :

1. Only able to create .CSR with Publisher ID

Version 2.1.1 KM
    -----------

Release date: 30/11/2007
    Target: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003
    Changelist : 147345
    Known issues: None.
    Changes :

1. Included the additional 4 Dev Man Caps you get when using a publisher ID into the 2nd tier.

2. Increased the number of IMEIs you can have in a request with a Publisher ID to 1000.
    But dev cert exe ver is still 2.1.1...
    Info leak?

Angry Re: Developer Certificate request!

I have been waiting for a week to get a developer certificate. My customer is totally pissed off since I can't give them a test version of the application they've ordered. They're getting to a point where they'd rather break the contract and cost me a lot of money, or switch to Windows Mobile. Hopefully the latter, then at least I wouldn't lose that much.

But people at Nokia: take action! This is REALLY costing time and money to people. And even if it's not your fault, I hope you're taking actions on behalf of us.

It's not that hard to make a system that can handle requests for devcerts if you have a pubID. And even less harder not to lie on the front page that you can get them. But Symbiansigned.com has neither.

Is it Cidercone that's messing things up or who? I'd be glad to provide a system that doesn't get hammered with requests and will work. But no, let's get people that don't know how to do things to do them instead.

Yes, I know this message is not nice and I shouldn't post this kind of thing here, but I'm so annoyed to have lost days of development time and lots of money. It probably would've been cheaper for me to get the app express signed a couple of times per day than to believe the lies on the site. Stupid me.
    Your friendly neighborhood Symbiatch

Regular Contributor

feenix!

I´m sorry about to tell you that you are completly right.
    A company partner of us is on the GDC since last night, meeting a important customer of us without a certified test version of our programm!
    I´m also very angry about this!

Regards,
    Andi

Nokia Developer Expert

Update: Developer Certificates Outage:

Posted By: BruceCarney
    Created in: Forum: Symbian Signed General
    Posted: 21-Feb-2008 12:00
    Appreciate the frustration in the developer community relating to not being able to access Developer Certificates. The Symbian Signed site has been suddenly swamped by traffic in the last few weeks. For some indication of the upsurge see http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...biansigned.com

The creation of developer certificates requires a connection to a secure server, which has a capped capacity that has suddenly been exceeded. Our capacity planning, used the assumption that that Developer Certificates are

1. Primarily intended for developers use.
    2. Valid for 3 years per IMEI, i.e. effectively only required to be created once per device.

The excessive demand we are experiencing is primarily as a result of non sanctioned scraping tools/wizards/bots automating the creation process. These tools do not take into consideration the architectural constraints of creating DevCerts, are outside of our control and are unfortunately the ultimate cause of the degraded service.

To maintain a QoS, we are in process of providing defensive mechanisms to ramp up traffic and will phase these changes in over next few days.

o Priority will be given to Commercial Developers (who have Publisher IDs) to use Open Signed Offline (i.e. Developer Certificates).
    o For non commercial developers (without Publisher IDs) we will accelerate Open Signed Online rollout.

Regular Contributor

There is still ne time when certification will work.
    Today we paid money to get our publisherID in hope that it will go faster then.

After installation of this ID in the browser and logging in again to SymbianSigned making an DevCert Request there is written now:

Your request has failed. Reason:
    Your are not enabled to request DevCerts. Please contact the system administrator.

I´m getting really angry now!

Andi

Super Contributor

You need to wait 24 hours for the published id to be registered with Symbian and Nokia.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Todd View Post
    You need to wait 24 hours for the published id to be registered with Symbian and Nokia.
    This could well be but as it is written on Symbians forum this would not help because there is no chance to get the csr uploaded at the moment. Not with and not without puplisher ID.

Regards,
    Andi

Super Contributor

I just uploaded a request and downloaded a new devcert without a problem. (21:00 GMT)

Does'n look like there is a problem

Regular Contributor

One minute ago:

Your request has failed. Reason:
    - Developer Certificates will be ENABLED for users who have a Publisher ID ONLY. (during GMT office hours)
    - ONLY if you used a Publisher ID to create a .csr file with the DevCertCreate tool will you be able to use Open Signed Offline to create a Developer Certificate.
    - Developer Certificates are currently DISABLED for users without a Publisher ID. Users who DO NOT have a Publisher ID CANNOT request Developer Certificates or use Open Signed Offline.
    - Open Signed Online and Offline for users without a Publisher ID will NOT be available temporarily, an update will be provided during Week beginning 25th Feb
    - If you have recently obtained a Publisher ID and are unable to create a Developer Certificate using Open Signed Offline please request support through the Symbian Signed forum on the Symbian Developer Network

No chance to upload a csr here. What is wrong?
    We have the new trustcenter publisher ID. Can you advice me how to do it with this?
    This ID is installed in the browser, so i don´t know how to create csr with this.

Regular Contributor

Can this happen, because publisher id is not registered? Or am i doing something wrong?

Super Contributor

You used the DevCert Request tool to generate a csr file?
    The cst file will include the capabilities and IMEI's that you need.
    You will need to include your Publisher ID at the second step.
    Once the file is generated you use this file to apply for a devcert.

Login to Symbian Signed
    Click on the "My Symbian Signed" tab
    Click on "Open Signed" button on the left
    From the list of options under it select "Request"
    You will have enter a captcha key and upload the request certificate you are requesting
    Click send
    Next to the send button will be a box saying something like "Sending..."
    ****Do nothing until this box disappears***
    This should say your devert has been approved and allow you download the new devcert file which you use for your sis file.

Regular Contributor

Hi Paul.Todd, thanks for reply. I made a lot oft dev certs before, so i know the way how to do this normally.
    The only new is, that we have the trustcenter publisher id now since this morning, this is installed directly in my broweser, so i can´t find a folder to include this via the request tool.

But still ( if i would be able to create the csr with publisher id ) there is no chance to load it up on symbian signed,

When i select request, there appears the message i posted before, the capcha key doesen´t appears and the box for selecting the csr to upload which is normaly there also not appears.

Please help me to fix this, becaose i urgently need a dev cert for an IMEI of customers mobile.

Regards,
    Andi

Super Contributor