Discussion Board

NFC and JavaCARD

Hello,

I try to understand NFC and i'm so confused First of all i started to search JavaCard technololgy to understand NFC. I have some questions :

1-) When we develop applets with Nokia 6131 SDK, we load these aplets in 6131's memory or in 6131's native javacard area(you called it as secure element with native Mifare 4k area)
    2-) I imagined that we develop applets then we load them to SIM card which supports Java.(for the best compatible)
    3-) I'm a good Visual Basic programmer and i'm new at Java world. I'm confused with concepts of Java. Sun has JavaCard 2.2 development kit and also J2ME development kit. I could see J2ME in Netbeans but i couldn't show JavaCard kit to NEtbeans. What is the problem? And also there are a lot concepts (JSR-257,WTK,Global Platform and bla bla bla) and i don't know which i have to learn at first step.
    4-) I want to develop JavaCard and NFC applications. Which IDEs do you propose to me for JavaCard and NFC.
    5-) I developed a lot of applications with Mifare 1K and 4 K cars. So i know ISO 14443 protocols. NFC uses normal Mifare 1K cards? For example a film poster has a Mifare 1K and it includes a web address to watch trailer of this film. What is the structure of this Mifare 1K card to keep this web address? This web address is written at any sector of Mifare 1K so we can see it with a mifare reader?
    6-) If i develop an java applet with Nokia 6131 SDK, this applet will work with other devices which supports NFC and Java?
    Thanks a lot for replies. I hope these questions will help for other users who want to start this world
    Last edited by simsekm; 2008-02-24 at 15:25.

Regular Contributor

Re: NFC and JavaCARD

Hi, some answers (that I can answer properly):
    1. Java card-area, not SIM-card
    2. That is what will become standard, however Nokia 6131 NFC is a pre-standard model that uses an external secure element that is not the SIM card (PN511 + Javacard 2.2.1 with a "virtual" mifare 1k/4k dedicated storage area). In future phones applets will be placed on the SIM card (how - however - is debatable).

Thanks alixwarnke,

I just want to ask that which IDE do you use to develop applets with 6131's SDK? In general developers uses Eclipse?

Another question is what is the base of Nokia 6131's SDK development kit? This SDK uses bases of J2ME?

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor

Hi.
    I use IntelliJ IDEA, however I'm not developping applets, only MIDlets.
    As for the SDK, it's based on the Sun Wireless Toolkit (for CLDC) with some proprietary extensions.

HI CAN YOU SEND ME THE SOURCE CODE EXAMPLE ABOUT NFC TO amalimadhusha@yahoo.com