Discussion Board

Is it possible to access the Nokia Maps landmark store from a J2ME Midlet?

Is it possible to access the Nokia Maps landmark store on a N95 from a J2ME Midlet?

I am trying to write a Midlet to arrange the landmarks that Nokia Maps uses. Is this possible?

/Magnus

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is it possible to access the Nokia Maps landmark store from a J2ME Midlet?

-- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks,
    I know how to access the landmark store on the device, but the question is if Nokia Maps uses the same landmark store. When I list all landmark stores only the one created by myself is listed.

/Magnus

Nokia Developer Moderator

I don't use Java so I don't know if there is a limitation in accessing the default landmarks database. There's certainly no such limitation on Symbian C++ side.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by skogsvargen View Post
    Thanks,
    I know how to access the landmark store on the device, but the question is if Nokia Maps uses the same landmark store. When I list all landmark stores only the one created by myself is listed.

/Magnus
    Hi Magnus,
    I am also facing the same problem now , Do you find any soltion for that ? loading local landmark information form Maps, Google maps using j2ME . If u have a solution can you please help ?