Discussion Board

2 way bluetooth communication (phone & pc)

Hello,

I'm trying to do some bt socket programming for a simple project of mine.

What I want to accomplish is a a server and a client script that can talk to each other wirelessly via a bluetooth RFCOMM connection. I'm not sure wich should be the server and wich should be the client . I would also like that if I terminate one of the scripts and reopen it, it would reconnect to the other script. I also want to be able to send data both ways at any given time.

I've tried searching this forum and checking out and tweaking the examples at mobilenin and other places with no luck.

Can somebody point me to the right direction here because now I'm completely lost . I would really appreciate some skeleton code or similar to show how to do this. (The biggest problem for me is having both scripts listening for incomminc data from each other and reconnectiong when neccesary)

Best Regards,
    Richard
    Nokia E66
    PyS60 1.4.4 final

Re: 2 way bluetooth communication (phone & pc)

Hey richard..
    I was tryin out the exact same thing as you are...i`m tryin a lotta things...but not much luck though....i`ve tried running a client script on the fone and server on my PC...the tutorials are helpful but i got stuck in between...we could sort things out mutually if possible.....if u have found a solution to it cld u lemme knw bout it....it`ll save some of my brain power......thnx dude...
    my mail ID is hardik10985@gmail.com
    free to contact me..

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RICH? View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to do some bt socket programming for a simple project of mine.

What I want to accomplish is a a server and a client script that can talk to each other wirelessly via a bluetooth RFCOMM connection. I'm not sure wich should be the server and wich should be the client . I would also like that if I terminate one of the scripts and reopen it, it would reconnect to the other script. I also want to be able to send data both ways at any given time.

I've tried searching this forum and checking out and tweaking the examples at mobilenin and other places with no luck.

Can somebody point me to the right direction here because now I'm completely lost . I would really appreciate some skeleton code or similar to show how to do this. (The biggest problem for me is having both scripts listening for incomminc data from each other and reconnectiong when neccesary)

Best Regards,
    Richard
    hi rich and hardik
    i m also really interested in doing such kind of stuff and presently also doing some sort of bluetooth programming.
    if u get ny furthur information please post or mail me at gabadd@gmail.com

keep posting
    gaba88

Thanks for your replies
    Yes, I've been trying examples too but I alwas get stuck somewhere. I think there should be a smiple example in the wiki about this. But not too simple . If anyone has some code for this please post it here.

If I get something working I will post it here and maby mail you too.
    Nokia E66
    PyS60 1.4.4 final