Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Connections Nokia forgot?

I'm trying to figure out how to implement some of the connections that Nokia forgot to enable on the e61. In particular:
    1. PC->Cable->WiFi: I'd like to figure out how to use the phone's WiFi IAPs to connect a PC to the internet via the cable.
    2. VoIP-> PassThrough: In most cases VoIP profiles will not connect via the cable PassThrough. TruPhone has figured out how to enable this so that when you run the TruPhone setup program it creates a SIP profile that will connect via PassThrough.

Any pointers to reference documents or example code are greatly appreciated. I have not seen any documents that describe the implementation of the AT dialup networking commands and how they interface to the CommsDB.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Connections Nokia forgot?

In order to connect your PC to your phone over WLAN to the 3G network, there is a 3rd party Symbian application from Joiku.

http://www.joiku.com/?action=product...product_id=310
    Last edited by nly; 2008-02-28 at 22:26.
    [B]Forum Nokia Americas[/B]
    Forum Nokia provides a wealth of resources to mobile developers. To be informed about the latest on mobile tools, devices and technologies, register [B][URL="http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/registration/registration.html"]here[/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by nly View Post
    In order to connect your PC to your phone over WLAN to the 3G network, there is a 3rd party Symbian application from Joiku.
    Yes, I'm aware of Joiku. It does something similar to what I'm discussing. Joiku turns your phone into a little WiFi hotspot connecting to the Internet via GPRS or 3G. Since one can already tether his PC via cable, BT or IR that doesn't really provide that much new functionality. But I would be interested in understanding how Joiku was programmed.

I have yet to see any document describing how the S60 implements the V.250 (Hayes AT) command set. I would like to see if it's possible to connect via the USB cable to a WiFi IAP in a way similar to connecting to a GPRS IAP.

I also would like to figure out why some IAPs (e.g WiFi) can be selected by a VOIP connection and some (e.g. PassThrough) can't.

Quote Originally Posted by nly View Post

http://www.joiku.com/?action=product...product_id=310
    I am not sure if its the 5800 or the Telco in Thailand or Joiku

Problem: i use the Joiku to wifi in my house. When someone calls they get a busy signal. I then get a voice mail. Then when i get back to the internet my browser doesnt work until I reboot the phone. I have tried to refresh the IP and it does so however it still wont connect to the internet unless i reboot the phone.

I use the phone as EDGE GPRS as there is no G3 as yet.

The telco is DTAC

I am in THailand and this is one of the best coverages and signal strength is good.

I cant use the Thai board as its not in English

Any ideas

thanks