Discussion Board

hello world doesn't run :(

Hi,
    I'm a newbie to carbide c++. After installed the active perl, jre, carbide.c++ 1.2, s60 3rd edition SDK, I created a new symbian c++ project and try to running the hello world program, after build the project and click the run menu, the emulator showed to screen, but it's empty. What's the wrong?

Thanks
    Wade

Regular Contributor

Re: hello world doesn't run :(

Are you have try the option on softkey.
    http://blogehendrawan.blogspot.com - Kembangin symbian di Indonesia yukk....

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that the very first boot of the emulator may take several minutes.
    If it is surely frozen, you should check the log file of the emulator: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Epocwind.out
    If it contains something about sound, and you are using a laptop, disabling the integrated sound card might help.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrawan.ashari View Post
    Are you have try the option on softkey.
    I'm not sure what is that? you mean the keys in emulator?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wade.yinn View Post
    I'm not sure what is that? you mean the keys in emulator?
    In emulator and on the device, the softkeys are the keys next to the screen on the left and on the right.

Regards,
    Andi

Quote Originally Posted by Lichtens View Post
    In emulator and on the device, the softkeys are the keys next to the screen on the left and on the right.

Regards,
    Andi
    yes, Andi, I pressed that keys, actually,I pressed all the keys in emulator... it doesn't work. :( Maybe there'r some issues in my environment setup?

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Note that the very first boot of the emulator may take several minutes.
    If it is surely frozen, you should check the log file of the emulator: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Epocwind.out
    If it contains something about sound, and you are using a laptop, disabling the integrated sound card might help.
    Hello,
    I didn't find the window to set "Enable EPOCWIND.OUT logging", but I changed the "PlatSecEnforcement ON" in file: c:\symbian\9.3\s60_3rd_FP2_beta\epoc32\data\epoc.ini,
    It looks that doesn't work! I didn't find the log file in this location: C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Local Settings\Temp, btw, I use desktop but not laptop...

yes, Andi, I pressed that keys, actually,I pressed all the keys in emulator... it doesn't work. :( Maybe there'r some issues in my environment setup?
    Another question: When I running the command: C:\Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta\epoc32\release\WINSCW\UDEB\epoc.exe

I got this dialog: cannot locate xxx 182 at dynamic link lib mmfcontrollerframework.dll after I confirmed the dialog, the emulator appeared at the front of the screen, but it's empty... Is that means my carbide.c++ missed sth?

Thanks
    Wade

Regular Contributor

Actualy i am not really know about 3rd edition, because i use 1st edition 6.1. But generaly symbian SDK will include file releaseNotes.txt. Have you read the file, and your system match with the requirement.
    May be your problem in system not SDK
    http://blogehendrawan.blogspot.com - Kembangin symbian di Indonesia yukk....

Quote Originally Posted by hendrawan.ashari View Post
    Actualy i am not really know about 3rd edition, because i use 1st edition 6.1. But generaly symbian SDK will include file releaseNotes.txt. Have you read the file, and your system match with the requirement.
    May be your problem in system not SDK
    Thanks for all you guys, I'll keep to try it... But I really think the IDE is not easy to play :(

Wade

Nokia Developer Moderator

Thanks for all you guys, I'll keep to try it... But I really think the IDE is not easy to play :(

Wade
    Was your build successful? Check console for details. Also please mention your perl version.

What happens when you type 'devices' in the command-line?

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Was your build successful? Check console for details. Also please mention your perl version.

What happens when you type 'devices' in the command-line?
    not yet, I'm trying to switch SDK to another version; my Perl version is 5.6.1_638.

C:\Documents and Settings\wade>devices
    S60_3rd_FP2_Beta:com.nokia.s60 - default

When I just boot the epoc, I get the following info:"Can't find the ordinal number 182 in DLL", it looks' a known issue?

Thanks
    Wade

Finally, it worked :) The last issue I mentioned is the key I think; usually we will install the SDK and then the extension plugin, but the mmscontrollerframework.dll included in the extension plugin is older than the one in SDK, so every time we running the project, we get empty screen. it's because the emulator has sth wrong...

simply reinstall the SDK, the issue got solved.

Wade