Version 2.3 of VTD-XML (http://vtd-xml.sf.net), the next generation XML processing API, is now released. Below is a list of new features and enhancements in this version.
* VTDException is now introduced as the root class for all other VTD-XML's exception classes (per suggestion of Max Rahder).
* Transcoding capability is now added for inter-document cut and paste. You can cut a chuck of bytes in a UTF-8 encoded document and paste it into a UTF-16 encoded document and the output document is still well-formed.
* ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-12, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14 and ISO-8859-15 support has now been added
* Zero length Text node is now possible.
* Ability to dump in-memory copy of text is added.
* Various code cleanup, enhancement and bug fixes.
Below are some new articles related to VTD-XML
* Index XML documents with VTD-XML http://xml.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm
* Manipulate XML content the Ximple Way http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/36379
* VTD-XML: A new vision of XML http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3714051
* VTD-XML: XML Processing for the future http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/vtd-xml_examples.aspx
If you (or someone you know) like the concept of VTD-XML, think that it can help solve enterprises' XML processing related issues (particularly those related to SOA), and would like to directly influence and contribute to the development of the future of Internet, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are looking for open source software developers and project management people to take VTD-XML to the next level.